Jim Schmiedlin Tribute Decoys...

Pat Gregory

Tom Matus and I collaborated on a pair of goldeneye decoys made in the spirit and style of our friend Jim Schmiedlin. I did the carving of the goldeneye pair and Tom some detailing as well as the painting. We both tried to show hints of Jim in these decoys but also used our techniques as well. After the completion of the decoys, both Tom and I are hunting the decoys in our respective states. Then, in March of 2019, the decoys will be given to Debra Schmiedlin to auctioned at the Westlake Ohio Decoy Show with the proceeds going toward ALS Research in honor of Jim. These are truly special decoys!

View attachment 20181214_175251.jpgView attachment 20181214_175317.jpgView attachment 20181214_175323.jpgView attachment 20181214_175426.jpg

Good morning, Pat~

What a fine idea - and very well executed! I'm sure they will fetch a generous contribution to a good cause.

All the best,

SJS

Very praiseworthy effort for a good cause...now if we could only discern the percent beeswax content of his sealer/rejuvenator formula! Which of you added the texturing? Very nice effect!

Last edited:
Back