Must be cold up north!!!

Capt Jeff Kraynik

East Central Florida!!!

1604419_10202949556678871_930759457_n_zpsc517b6f4.jpg

1471743_10202950204215059_1250219136_n_zps2b0ae53a.jpg

1526267_10202913612740295_1644802639_n_zps99e6e4bf.jpg

Capt Jeff, Do they make camo shorts for the weather there? Got ceiling fans in the blind? Must be tough being that cold. 16 degrees this morning, not much open water...

At first glance I thought the second picture was a grebe! Congrats on the Scoters. We get them inland here now and then and most are immature birds like those.

Capt Jeff, Do they make camo shorts for the weather there? Got ceiling fans in the blind? Must be tough being that cold. 16 degrees this morning, not much open water...

No, we bring an inverter & place a window shaker on the top of the poling platform.

The ice cold air blows right through the boat!!!

Its been miserably hot down here.

It was mid 80's on Christmas day & we were hunting in short sleeves & shorts under the breathable waders.

This last week we had (2) two strong fronts blow threw bringing in a slew of new birds.

Tomorrow we're chasing tree ducks for clients from Indiana.

When I told him I was picking him up @ 0330, his eyes bulged out of his head.

Tomorrows high, 82 degrees with occasional thunderstorms.

Glad y'all got some new birds!
I hope to get out tomorrow if the squall line associated with the front will blow through early enough. Might be an afternoon hunt. Before the front goes through, its supposed to be 72 here.

Its been miserably hot down here.

It was mid 80's on Christmas day & we were hunting in short sleeves & shorts under the breathable waders.

This last week we had (2) two strong fronts blow threw bringing in a slew of new birds.

Tomorrow we're chasing tree ducks for clients from Indiana.

When I told him I was picking him up @ 0330, his eyes bulged out of his head.

Tomorrows high, 82 degrees with occasional thunderstorms.

It's official, I hate you. On Christmas I was in my house with no heat or power, and the warmest spot INSIDE the house was 51. Low 40's in the bedroom.

(Sorry, just kidding, sort of.)

It's official, I hate you. On Christmas I was in my house with no heat or power, and the warmest spot INSIDE the house was 51. Low 40's in the bedroom.

(Sorry, just kidding, sort of.)

Spend of total of (22) twenty-two days w/o power in the mid 90's after (3) three hurricanes blow through (2004) within (3) three weeks & then we'll talk!!! lol

I finally got in my patrol car & hijacked a power crew!!!

Last edited:
Actually, a friend of mine in the next town got power back Christmas morning. My wife and I went to his house to take shower late in the afternoon, then drove home and passed 4 power crews on our street. Power was back on when we pulled into the driveway. Best Christmas gift this year!

Back