my new boat

peter smet

Hi I am new to the site and have a question. I just purchased a skiff and was wondering if anyone here could lend any info to me about what it may possibly be. I am told that it is from the late 40's. I intend to give it a paint job and use it this fall. Any info would be great.

duckskiff.jpg

Peter,

Welcome to the group. I can't help out on identifying your boat but I'll bet someone here will know what she is. A little more info may help narrow it down quicker. What is the length, width and depth? Wood, metal or fiberglass?

Peter,
Welcome...you'll enjoy it here.
The boat looks like a "ducker". Is it aluminum or wood? If wood, I don't know what it is unless it's a wood take-off of the ducker. Looks a little like the one Scott O has.
Lou
oh..just to mess with you a bit (right of passage here), did you forget how to spell your last name? One "T" or two "T's". ;) Couldn't resist.

Welcome to the group, I wonder if you might have a Herters boat. I sure do like the looks of it. Post some measurements and details

Welcome Peter
What you have is a piece of junk. I'll drive up and take it off your hands. :)
wis boz

What you have just might be a vintage piece of duck hunting legend... Worth $1200 or more. Do some searches on an Alumacraft Ducker. The original aluminum oars make it worth even more. I feel like this could be a cool story - care to share how you came across it?

Can you post up some closer pics?

Welcome Peter
wis boz
Don't listen to him Peter. He gets more free boats that way. Welcome to the site.

Guys, I sent Peter over here from another site. My first thought was a Ducker, but he said it was fiberglass. May be over wood though. Either way he got a deal, he said he picked it up for $125!!! I offered to double his money without him having to touch it HA! HA! Shawn

I don't t have a lot of specs on it yet it is down in Milwaukee I had my uncle pick it up for me. I am going to pick it up on Sunday. No big story on how I found it just off craigslist. Got it and floater goose decoys for 125.00. Hoped it was a good deal but didn't know till I posted some pics and seems like it was. I will post close ups of it on Sunday. Thanks guys!!

Well here are the pics that I said that I would post. I don't think that I got a treasure but it will work nice to do what I need to do and I got it at a good price. I am just planning to fix the damaged areas and give it a nice paint job. Anys tips on what to do to it to make it better or make life easier would be great. It is 12 feet long and no stampings in it to id it anywhere.

duckboat002.jpg

duckboat003.jpg

here is a picture of what looks like it used to be a sticker it has 2 of them one on either side
duckboat006.jpg

duckboat008.jpg

duckboat007.jpg

Welcome Peter
wis boz

What's with you old guys from Wisconson?...lock up your boat Peter!! Next you'll want his waders, or his decoys! I'm going to start calling you Hizzoner!!

Hitch

Peter
I would say you got a good deal! It looks like a great project of restoring. You will be able to get alot of help from many of the experts on this forum, just ask. Good luck!
wis boz

No, No,No, Wiz, Take his sack of decoys and hide them in one of the Bear dens. And hope you can find them in the fall!

I just finished reading Gordon's writings. Your post made me smile. Hitch started it :)

Have a great day.

Rod

Back