Stealth 2000

Steve Deckard

Anyone have any experience with this boat? Good /bad? Do you think a Yamaha 4hp motor would be to much when used with a transom mount?

Thanks

I would agree with Mark, 130 lbs not counting on what you will put in it is heavy

I have a Momarsh Dp fat boy about 100 lbs with the blind off it. A 2hp pushes it fine. Most times i use a Kayak paddle. Very stable and easy to hide the dog behind me. It's heavy when you are trying to drag it around

I think you would have to make a custom mount for a 4 hp

Steve

I got one for my son. We have a blast in it. Great for hunting in the bays and swamps. Yes! its a little heavy but its really great on the water. We have a nice trolling motor on it. Mount is extra of course. But it goes great threw the water. Even putting to much weight in it still floats great. Its not a kayak. But for the price its a great small boat. Makes a great layout boat also. Needs to be covered good. But I would give it a A+ for the price. Wish I had one when I was a young man. The ducks would of been in trouble. Good luck.
View attachment December 2018 photos from Galaxy 775.jpg

I owned one for two years, it was my first marsh layout boat. At the time I thought it was a fantastic boat, until I hunted out of a 4Rivers boat and quickly sold the stealth. It is stable, no more stable than what I own now. As for sticking a 4hp OB on it, I do not believe you will be happy with that set up. Sides and cockpit are not real convenient for laying out and hunting out of. Amount of gear you can pile in or on the boat is much less than a 4R or MoMarsh boat.

Bill Abbate said:
Kevin-
How are you enjoying that Momarsh ? I miss that boat. It was a phenomenal boat; super stable and hid great.

Greetings Bill

It is a great hunting platform. Hunting alone I enjoy the stability. I picked up a 2hp Johnson for 40.00 and an Island hopper for 60.00 but most times I just paddle it. ( I don't lift it up on the Pirus anymore:))

It hides well and the dog can sit on the front deck.

Thanks for selling it to me

Steve

We take our Slealth 2000 out on the Hudson River to get to the Bays we hunt in. We stay close to shore and take our time If its choppy or there are big boats out. Even I wouldn't take it out. But with that said. Its very safe and I'm a large man and I trust it. Just want to be fair about it. Being safe and coming home is the most important thing. No matter what kind of boat you use be careful.
View attachment IMAG1575.jpg

Last edited:
Back