Suggestions on Dog Ladder

One that has a step down in the water is what makes it easier on the dog. Making it easier on the boater is another thing.

I have heard a lot of good comments on the folding step system originated by Beaver Tail and now sold by Edge by Expedite.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-EXP813133

I have one of the expidite ones.. It is okay.. I really don't like using a ladder.. but it is hard sometimes to train the dog to get in. .If you get one replace all the bolts from the start with stainless steel and use some grease on the threads.. esp if in salt water.. The ladder is made of aluminum so it won't rust..

I have one that came with my TDB that is supposed to be fully adjustable. I don't use it. If you want it, it's yours for the shipping. I'm on the road, home Saturday and can take some pics. Let me know.

Bill

Bill,
For some reason he does not want it and you still want to get rid of it i might be interested. I have a
14ft Maine built classic and am in the process of training my first lab so will be in the market as well. If
not i work in a metal fabrication company so fabbing one will not be a problem. Let me know. By the way
I live in Mass so maybe could just pick it up so no shipping. Let me know.
Thanks

John

I'll take pictures for the others that mentioned when I get home and then get it on it's way to you. It will be in the mail early next week.

Happy New Year

Bill

To those of you who expressed an interest the dog ladder for my TDB, here are some photos of the ladder/platform I have (and am passing on). I don't use the ladder, primarily because I typically use my boat close to/against banks and so the dog can run up the bow of my boat. To keep SWMBO happy, I do not use our current dog in big water.

First is a sketch of the dog stand. Please don't comment on my abilities.
View attachment Dog_platform_sketch.jpg
Next most important would seem to be how it hangs on the TDB. This platform hangs off the grassing rails. I tried it up forward so I could bring the dog in with only dropping the bow section of the blind. There are three height adjustment holes, if I used it all the time I would raise it up one notch.View attachment Closeup connection.JPG
Here's a shot of the entire platform.
View attachment Front view.JPG
It appears to me to be made of aluminum, no commercial markings on it. The tubing is 1" square, the deck is 1/8". I have higher resolution shots that I'm happy to share with anyone who is interested.
View attachment 100_0802.JPG
Side view
View attachment Side view.JPG

Happy New Years to all

Thank you Bill; the one I made is similar to yours,but has a double fold down with a rubber platform, tie wired to the gate door from an old dog cage all aluminum tubing from lawn chairs .It's strong enough to allow me on it to get into my HAWK TDB it also hangs from the grass well at a wider width on the aft end port side .It will fold up out of the water and held tight with a pungy cord while running at top speed.

Hey John-not to change the subject on you, but do you have a buddy in Southern New Jersey that hunts with you in Georgia?

Greg if you wish to post a reply to John ? or ask a ? to some ones post then scane up to there post and hit reply.You inadvertintly sent you post ? to my link.

To those of you who expressed an interest the dog ladder for my TDB, here are some photos of the ladder/platform I have (and am passing on). I don't use the ladder, primarily because I typically use my boat close to/against banks and so the dog can run up the bow of my boat. To keep SWMBO happy, I do not use our current dog in big water.

First is a sketch of the dog stand. Please don't comment on my abilities.

Next most important would seem to be how it hangs on the TDB. This platform hangs off the grassing rails. I tried it up forward so I could bring the dog in with only dropping the bow section of the blind. There are three height adjustment holes, if I used it all the time I would raise it up one notch.
Here's a shot of the entire platform.

It appears to me to be made of aluminum, no commercial markings on it. The tubing is 1" square, the deck is 1/8". I have higher resolution shots that I'm happy to share with anyone who is interested.

Side view

Happy New Years to all

Does anyone have pics of the original TDB dog platform with 2 folding steps? I have one which has some similarity to the one this post, but the upper platform hinge, support, and cap for the top look jury-rigged so not sure how to repair them

Heere is one that I had made out of aluminum for my Legend Craft...Maybe you can get some ideas from this...
Thanks, I like the idea of adding carpet. My dog could not really get a good grip on the aluminum plate.

Back