10 Years...

Steve Steffy

Happy Anniversary To North Bay Game Calls!! It just dawned on me while I was out doing a little shooting today that next month marks 10 years since I started making my own calls. Time really flies when you're having fun right? Admittedly, they certainly haven't all been pretty, but I had to start somewhere.

Anyway, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you guys that bought calls from me over the years, or even traded. I really wouldn't have lasted ten years without your support. It has been a great time and I've made a lot of friends during the last decade that will certainly last decades more.

I'm still learning the art of making calls, I don't plan to ever stop learning and raising my own bar so to speak. Not until I'm dead anyway. That's the only time one truly stops learning.

So here are a few pics to reminisce of the last decade...and to another decade to come. I'm very hesitant about this, but it looks like I may even turn to the dark side and re-open the NB Facebook page (I blame Mr. Homer for that)...Stay tuned for that and again...Thank you everybody!

IMG_4823-1.jpg

bacca1b0-8de2-466a-bd88-7d71cf81cfef_zpsde01dbc2.jpg

8c681443-41ac-4a22-9394-c15161e9e375_zpsa2b97a7f.jpg

1d3cc547-30bf-47a9-91df-28bca066ec67_zpsf155c4d8.jpg

RioTurkey-RobRobertson-1.jpg

JBeanTurkey-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this story with us, Steve. It is fun to watch something good happen from a dream of years ago. Then to follow it along and see the fruits given is even better. I sure enjoyed the pictures that were shown.
Congratulations on your many successes. The duck call I got from you was one of 3 that I used this year. I love how quiet it can be just because of the small pond that I am on. It is so darn responsive when I use the lonesome hen call. What can be more fun than seeing ducks ready to fly away, here the call, then make a sharp 180 and head back to the pond with feet outstretched in front of them? In my estimation, nothing.
Al

Thanks Joe...This adventure sure has had it's ups and downs, but that just builds character right? I'm looking forward to continuing on.

Steve

Thank you kindly Bob. Its been a pleasure seeing your work as well. Heck, without guys like you I wouldn't strive continual improvement.

Steve

Al,

You bet sir. I still have some of my first calls and all I can say is..."Wow! What was I thinking there?!" I'm sure I'll still find more ways to improve upon what I do. And I'm honored that one of my calls was with you during the season. You just have to love that lonely hen call too, not many guys around here even know what that is. They just jump right into the hail calls and feed chuckles and wonder why nothing ever responds. They're really missing the boat in my estimation. Good hunting!

Steve

Steve, congratulations on ten years. I own one of your calls and it's a fantastic call which I enjoy using. I also consider it a work of art. The wood you use and your attention to detail speaks volumes of your work!! Again congrats on 10 years and many more to come.

Thanks Tom...and I appreciate the business too. And hopefully the birds are present next year so we can try some duck hunting together again.

Steve

Steve - I notice a shot of a coyote along with your other great shots. Have always wanted to get some photos of one but am reluctant to go to the bother of an electronic caller etc. I will check on your products to see what you have. I often hear coyotes at night and have some decent areas to set up in the area if there is an effective way to call them in with a mouth call ?

sarge

Sarge...yes, the e-callers can be quite expensive. $500 or more on some some models. You can get cheaper versions, but even those can be expensive. I use strictly hand calls myself, that I make of course. There's not a lot on the NB website for sale right now. Shoot me a PM when you have a chance and we can talk about the different calls available out there. I'd be glad to help you one, whether it's one of mine or somebody else's. I'm getting ready to go to KY to test some new calls. Stay tuned for that.

Steve

Thank you Vince...now if I could just find some time to get a decoy done I'd be doing well. See ya in the spring on a stream with fly rods in hand hopefully.

Steve

Sarge...yes, the e-callers can be quite expensive. $500 or more on some some models. You can get cheaper versions, but even those can be expensive. I use strictly hand calls myself, that I make of course. There's not a lot on the NB website for sale right now. Shoot me a PM when you have a chance and we can talk about the different calls available out there. I'd be glad to help you one, whether it's one of mine or somebody else's. I'm getting ready to go to KY to test some new calls. Stay tuned for that.

SteveHi Steve - PM sent.
thanks - Dick

MOLOTOV Steve!!!!!! Here's to another 10 more!!!!

I'm proud of the two calls I already have from you and stand EXCITED for the next two coming from you. I'm certain once the guys see and hear them they'll be beating down your door for more or the same. I'm also looking forward to the day I hand them down to my kids.

Back at ya Sarge...

Thanks Mike...I can't wait to get started on your two calls. They will certainly be fun to make. I'll have to make one for myself as well. I may even do a turkey version since a buddy of mine has been bugging me to make him one for 3 years now. I figure it's probably about time to tackle his too. Yours are first though.

Steve

Back