2013 Dodge 1500 Express Crew Cab 4x4

the Dodge vs the Ford

Are those your only two choices? If so, I'd probably pick walking. All kidding aside, if both my dad and my father-in-law weren't GM retirees, I'd probably go Toyota.

I'm sure that wasn't helpful at all

Chuck

I cringed with a paid $15,000 for my 2008 Jeep Liberty. My son bought a new 2012 4dr, 4wd Toyota Tundra with all the bells and whistles. Nice truck but just shy of $40,000! I didn't even try to talk him out of it. Right now in his young life he can make the payments but I'll give him year or two before he has buyers remorse. Maybe the next time he won't just walk into the showroom and say "I want that one" without asking any questions.

Sorry didn't mean to get off base.

I wouldn't buy any vehicle I couldn't write a check for...a bit of a pet peeve

How about finance it at zero percent - is that okay?

the Dodge vs the Ford

Are those your only two choices? If so, I'd probably pick walking. All kidding aside, if both my dad and my father-in-law weren't GM retirees, I'd probably go Toyota.

Chuck

I cringed with a paid $15,000 for my 2008 Jeep Liberty. My son bought a new 2012 4dr, 4wd Toyota Tundra with all the bells and whistles. Nice truck but just shy of $40,000! I didn't even try to talk him out of it. Right now in his young life he can make the payments but I'll give him year or two before he has buyers remorse. Maybe the next time he won't just walk into the showroom and say "I want that one" without asking any questions.

Nope, when you get in a wreck, and the insurance only covers current market value, you are out the difference.

the Dodge vs the Ford

Chuck

Nope, when you get in a wreck, and the insurance only covers current market value, you are out the difference.

That is the argument against buying new right there.

Wait, I thought that is why you pay all the extra money for GAP insurance? (says the guy that has bought exactly one new car in his life)

To the OP, Silverado gets my vote. I have had 2 of them. But like a couple of others, I have family that have worked for and worked on Chevys their whole life. GM it is for me, when buying a truck or full size van.

With your choices being Ford or Dodge, I would pick Ford. I drive a couple at work. They run very well, and tow very well. They are built tough, but suck gas. The Dodge has some really nice looks, but looks don't count much when it is stuck on the lift in the shop. Not only is out of use, but of can't even look at how pretty it is!

the Dodge vs the Ford

Chuck

I stopped buying new several vehicles ago, but even more so I believe Owe Nothing to No One...

the Dodge vs the Ford

Chuck

I stopped buying new several vehicles ago, but even more so I believe Owe Nothing to No One...

All that said, it is tough to beat a shiny new truck. :).

the Dodge vs the Ford

Chuck

Early retiremnet trumps a shiny (for a while) truck in my book

the Dodge vs the Ford

Chuck

Early retiremnet trumps a shiny (for a while) truck in my book

I'm on the new shiny trucks and early retirement plan. I'd suggest you sign up for that one rather than the just no new shiny trucks plan.

I use a '99 Dodge extended cab with a 360ci with 230,000 Miles that I use for commercial hauling. Loved it the day I bought it and still love it. I have a 2003 Durango with a 4.7 with 126,000 on it. Other than oil, tires and brakes they haven't cost a dime. Sandy had an '85 Ram SUV that was trouble free. I have always been a Crysler man even though I've owned 2 Ford trucks and 1 car. Loved my '77 ford truck but when it was time to buy a commercial truck I ran back to Crysler. I have also had 5 Chevy trucks from S-10 to C-30 and as long as I've got any money at all, I'll never own another Chevy. If you really want great mileage, buy a Smart car.

I have Dodge Dakota 4 dr no problems. Have a 2011 hemi 3500. No issues other than brakes. I have had issues with the trans in both my Chevy and Ford work trucks. The Ford at least had 100k plus. Fuel consumption is bad. John

"If you really want great mileage, buy a Smart car. " Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Spit my coffee on that. The only question to go with that would be - do they make that in surface drive for a sneakbox?

Trip.

How about a chevrolet, I own a 98 4x4 suburban with 206,00 miles on her. The chevy vortex motor is bullet proof. the silverado is still the best truck on the market. i am currently looking at the 4 door 4x4. i will not even entertain a dodge and maybe a ford if it were a super deal.

I love people that buy new vehicles...you guys increase the supply and lower the demand for used vehicles, which in turn helps me with my plans to retire by age 50...

THANKS!

Chuck

If I were in the market for a 1500... I would be looking at the 2014 with the diesel. For Mopar... I had a '69 Dodge Challenger when I was in HS... I put 100,000 miles on 1997 2500 4x4 reg cab long box with the 360. Traded for a 2001 2500 Quad cab short box 4x4 with a the 5.9 Cummins diesel. Put 100,000 on that until the short box drove me nuts... Traded for a 2004.5 Quadcab long box 4x4. at 164,000 and will not even think of getting rid of it until 500,000. I have had ZERO problems with any of these cars or trucks... Oh yeah.. also had a 1997 Eagle... got it with 105,000 sold it to my sister with 175,000. It ran great until it was totalled in an accident.

To each their own, but I have had several Dodges...and many miles... no problems...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151495948104369.546713.611909368&type=3

"If you really want great mileage, buy a Smart car. " Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Spit my coffee on that. The only question to go with that would be - do they make that in surface drive for a sneakbox?

Trip.

You know that somebody somewhere knows how many decoys will fit in a Smart Car.

IN a smart car???? I would think you would have to build some racks on the hood to hold them. Not enough room inside.

Hehehe. Trip

Oh yeah, I for got to mention my '68 charger door slammer that turned 11.8's. Paul, everyone knows how many decoys fit in a smart car. It goes in the glove box!

I just bought a 2013 f150 crew cab 4x4 with the eco boost and all I can say is it is an amazing vehicle! The eco boost is awesome with 19 mpg city is what Iam getting have not had it on the highway enough to know what that will be but I am guessing 21/22 .

Back