Ian McCarthy to David Ludington
David Ludington to Matt Brooks
Matt Brooks to Milburn
Milburn to Wendell A
Wendell A to Jeff Nelson
Jeff Nelson to Steve Wheeler
Steve Wheeler to RCD
RCD to Pete R.

Thank you to those who participated. It is enjoyable to get a Christmas present in June when the man drops off a package. Thanks to our number drawing person, Jode.

Please post up when you get your bird, share a pic of it so we all are assured birds were delivered.

Tom

Tom & Tom~

A plain, unmarked delivery truck brought Tom Barb's Spoonbill to me this afternoon. After admiring the workmanship and "special features", I immediately released him onto our frog pond....

BarbSpoonbill-inlilies_zps25f2b74e.jpg

After frolicking among the lily pads for a while (him, not me), I had to pull him out and inspect Tom's fine brushwork and the custom ballast pad:

BarbSpoonbill-bottom_zpsabce0ca1.jpg

Tom Barb - did you make a mold with your name in it - or stamp/brand it in later?

Thanks for the fine addition to my puddler rig. He will see service here in the Hemlock Swamp in about 110 days....

All the best,

SJS

Steve, thank you for the compliments. They mean a lot coming from you. I had a mold made at a local machine shop from a piece of aluminum. I have a set of lettered stamps and I simply tapped them in with a hammer after the weight was poured.

Here is the mold. I had them rout me out a size for bufflehead and teal and a size for the bigger ducks. I also had them make a anchor weight mold.

I also received my bird a few days ago. The day was a sad one as I had to lay my grandfather to rest. But this was on my front doorstep when I got home. A well timed pick me up. Pete's craftsmanship is second to none. A great bird to add to my rig. Thanks again Pete.

I just got a beautiful drake Goldeneye decoy from John Augustine today. It will go great in my diver spread for Tampa Bay this fall. I will try to post up a picture tommorow.

Jeff Nelson, Send me or Wendell Avery your address... Wendell sent me your bird from him.... I will forward it to you........

Just received a Buffy Drake from Ian McCarthy and it will definitely go in the rig and be hunted over this up coming year. Will post a photo soon.

Tom Barb,
That is a really nice blackduck you recieved in the swap but the teal in the background caught my eye. Was Jode looking over your shoulder when you painted that one? I have one that looks just like it. In fact there are two out there one floating somewhere in the marshes of Manitoba where we lost it and the replacement I carved and painted when I got home from the trip.

Here is the Steve Wheeler black duck I received. Can't wait to work it in the fall. Love the body style on this bird.

IMG_20140620_181951_936_zpsbqdqlhm_edit_1403717381815_zpskybcijdw.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks Brandon. No Jode was not guiding me through that decoy specifically. He certainly has influenced my painting style more than anyone else though. Thanks for the compliments. And, yes, this black duck is awesome! Lol.

Got a hen mallard from Matt today, great bird...... Thanks Matt. Thanks to Tom Modin for organizing the swap.....

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, Matts bird he sent me won 3rd Best of show at the Strongsville Decoy Show 2013.. He even sent ribbon too.....Thanks again Matt....

Back