A few picts from the Columbia Basin

fred slyfield

Been going after the puddles as the divers are pretty much non existent right now, had several good trips with my new Chessie Whistler, I got her last summer from a real nice older guy who had her started then due to health reasons can't get after the ducks much anymore.

Last Thursday mornings hunt, 10 mallards 3 widgeon and a drake pintail.

PC200023_zpsb4f82141.jpg

Last Wednesdays morning hunt

PC200033_zpsce74f2fc.jpg

Whistler with a big fat mallard.She is doing very will on marking birds on the water, a couple swimmer- cripples have tested her but she doesn't give up, with some more hunting time I think she will work out fine.

PC200015_zps680ecf6e.jpg

While walking into a spot the other day for an afternoon hunt We walked right up on these geese on a non goose day, out here we can only shoot geese on Wednesdays, weekends and a few extra days a season.
PC200030_zps74402b91.jpg

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a greater rest of the season.

Fred

That's what I would call some "fine straps of birds right there"!

Good eating too.

Fine looking girl you have there.

And nice pictures.

Thanks,

Jon

Couldn't agree more. Those are some fine straps. Great looking pup! I am waiting on word for a new pup for me. I put a deposit down on a litter to be born the first week of January. I am third on the list for a female. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Is her color considered Sedge?

----------

Whistler is not registered but I have always called the lighter colored dogs dead grass brown?

I did know of one guy who's dog was very bright tan so he used Miss Clairol to darken it up!!

Fred,

Nice looking dog doing what she was bred for.

She sure looks to be a sedge colored.

Tom

Fred - Great pics of a great dog. She looks a lot like a good buddy of mine's dead grass. Great dogs. Thanks for sharing my friend...

Fred-
Neat pics- I think I may just have to jump in the car to come up and meet that new pup.
Merry Christmas.
D-

Fred, I have a friend whos girlfriend is a natural blond. she dyes her hair brown during duck season.

I am thinking that I need to move to the west coast. Long Island hasn't seen shooting like that in twenty years or more. We are innundated with black duck right now and we are only allowed one per day. No pintail, no widgeon, a few mallards, and worst of all, no broadbill. We used to have an amazing broadbill hunt in the late season, even had a special extension for them years ago. All gone! Loss of agriculture, red tides killed off the shellfish, no reason for the birds to come here anymore.

Great looking dog!

Couldn't agree more. Those are some fine straps. Great looking pup! I am waiting on word for a new pup for me. I put a deposit down on a litter to be born the first week of January. I am third on the list for a female. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Is her color considered Sedge?

---------- I would call that a sedge. Good looking girl.

Nice birds Fred! Looks like some very nice hunts. I shot my first purdy pintail last weekend...hopefully i will get the picture of it soon since it's on Steve's camera. I like Whistlers name....she's purdy....for a Chessie :)

Hope you had a great christmas and have a great new years

Dani

Back