A few pictures.

Yukon Mike

Mac and I only got out a couple of times together this season and the birds were sparse, but we got the nicest widgie I've ever seen one morning. They even had pins on their tails. Him and his friends came right in to a string of bbill decoys.

View attachment DSCF7783.jpg

Some otters were out one day.

View attachment DSCF7808.jpg

Looks like someone was playing a little pushy shovey in the bushes. I hung my new trail cam near this spot.

View attachment DSCF7852.jpg

Saw this interesting 6 x 7 today.

Don't get too excited - note the ear tags. He's a ranch bull on a farm near town here. Still an interesting rack though.

And one last one from Mac's first sheep hunt of the year back in Aug. That's some steep country! They never did get up on top and had to turn around and hike back to the lake to get picked up.

View attachment 100_1261.jpg

View attachment DSCF7849.jpg

Mike

That picture next to your avatar shows just how much he's matured in the past, what 4 years? Won' tbe long before he scouts the birds and takes you hunting. Very nice widgeon, especially this early in the season.

Still the same smile I see. That is a really nice bird especially this early in the year.

Keep sharing I love the pictures.

Great Pictures! I'm pretty sure I'll be moving to Fairbanks within the next 6 months, so It's exciting to see the views you've posted!

Enjoyed the pictures of God's Country, Mike. That widgeon is the best looking duck I have ever seen coming out of the north country.
Glad you included the shot during the sheep hunt. Most people don't have a clue as to what you must go through to get one----or attempt to go through but then common sense takes over.
Al

Always neat to see your posts that keep us up with what mac is doing. Beautiful setting for a duck hunt. Good looking pup as well.

Back