a good deed done ndr

Shermie

good deed done

On the way to mooseland last weekend for my Ma`s 74 Bday celebrations we were crossing the bridge over the musqui river and wholy cow there was a deer stuck in the river trying to get out up to its neck and looked like it was on its last go of trying to get up on the ice..
got off the bridge and ran back snapped a pic and mickey and my wife stayed on the bridge and i ran up the hill to the top of the cemetry and we were yelling back in forth ,,must of put the fear into the deer as it gave a great big jump ...and got its front end up on ice that would hold it on the right side ...

the gang kept relaying whats going on to me as i neared the top of the cemetry and then i heard them say its out its on shore.... so instead of going down to where it was and stressing it out more or freaking it out and making it jump back in the river i opted to get out of there ..

so i am hoping the gangs yells from the bridge gave it enough energy to get out of there... just maybe saved its life maybe??

it was struggling sumthin aweful ,when i first spied it feet flailing away and trying to get up ,,every jump up broke more ice ,,as you can see ,only place to go was under thick ice and to certain death...
mar72011deerdrowninginmuskiriver.jpg

Last edited:
Shermie
That was a great thing that the three of you did. Glad you were able to help out with that young deer. Very nice pic by the way. You did the right thing by leaving. Did you ever wonder what scared it enough to make it jump into that river?
Al

Back