A little backwards on my purchase

Dave Church

I recently went to my local gun dealer to buy the remaining parts needed to finish an AR15 build but he didn't what I needed. While there I wandered around looking at what he had in stock and came across a 12 ga Semi-auto called a Westley Scott. It chambers 3 inch, came with 5 chokes, synthetic stock, made in Turkey and was new in the box for $279.00. My youngest son has just about outgrown his 20 ga pump and I have been looking for a 12 that he could handle. This was lightweight, shorter barrel and butt stock and appeared to be a perfect fit. I hadn't heard of the brand before but picked it up anyway. I went home and researched it and didn't find out much info. I did find where somebody had asked about its quality and was met with numerous comments regarding the fact that they wouldn't use it as an oar, etc. It appeared that most of these comments were from people that are brand loyal AND had never owned one. Those who had one, seemed very happy. I ran a few rounds of different loads from very light to heavy and all cycled just fine. Does anyone else have any comments about this brand of gun? I believe I read that it is threaded for Berretta chokes.

dc

I have heard of the Webley and Scott, this us the Westley Scott. Were they trying to do name/brand recognition? It seems like this is a very functional gun and I am anxious to see it perform in the field. I read that it is the exact same gun as a Weather by but I'm still researching that claim. So far, I'm happy with the purchase and quality. The instruction booklet has a address and phone number out of Does Plains, Illinois for all parts. I will call them in the next few days to get a feel for what they have and offer in case of repairs.

Dc

I have heard of the Webley and Scott, this us the Westley Scott. Were they trying to do name/brand recognition? It seems like this is a very functional gun and I am anxious to see it perform in the field. I read that it is the exact same gun as a Weather by but I'm still researching that claim. So far, I'm happy with the purchase and quality. The instruction booklet has a address and phone number out of Does Plains, Illinois for all parts. I will call them in the next few days to get a feel for what they have and offer in case of repairs.
Dave,I can't find a dealer on Long Island....does this shop have a few of them for that price....or is that a special deal....I would like to get one for my nephew who is just getting started....thank you
Dc

Michael, I would ask your local gun shop if they can order one in for you. If they can't, contact me and I will get you the Des Plains phone number to see what they can dc

Back