A nice birthday surprise.......

Dave Church

My wife surprised me with a nice birthday gift that was done by a local artist named Donnie Poe. A really talented and great guy to talk with. This will look great in the shop.

dc

Dave, I would have to say that you are one lucky guy. What a great gift to have received from your wife.
Al

Thanks Al. I had met the gentleman (Donnie Poe) last year at the Patuxent River Waterfowl Festival when he came by my booth. We talked about decoys and dogs and then I asked him if he had a booth and he said he did. My sons watched our booth while I followed Donnie to see his work. I was so very impressed, I told my wife about them and was lucky that she remembered this as a birthday gift. I don't know how long I will have a decoy business, but hopefully this sign stays in the family for a long time.

dc

Dave

The sign is a Very thoughtful gift, well crafted & painted, and no doubt a future family heirloom. All Decoy shops no matter big or small, need a Sign. Your got a Good one.

Thanks Vince. Not only did she get me a great shop sign, she also bought me a larger "R. Madison Mitchell" sign that will look great in my "man cave". Great gifts, very thoughtful! I have abused her for years with duck prints and decoys littering our homes, shelves, and cabinets. Since we bought our last house 3 years ago, I have given her full reign over the decorating and boxed many decoys and prints, gave many away, and sold a few. I am surprised how many she insisted must be displayed. Some of my favorites are from members of this site such as Tom Modin's sleeper bluebill and a Pat Gregory sprig. Thanks

Dc

Back