Al

rfberan

I received a reply to my last text to Al Hanson that he has unfortunately passed. Quite a shock since earlier in the week he seemed to be doing okay. Although I never met Al in person, we got to know each other quite well and kept in touch on a weekly basis probably at least the last 10 years. I know I will miss his friendship as I'm sure will the forum. God Bless.

I loved reading his stories and seeing his pictures! I'm so sorry to see this, he seemed like a great fella. You will be missed Al!

I'm stunned.
Had he been ill?
I see his last post was February 9th.
What a shock.

He has dealt with some heart issues, I believe atrial fibrillation, for some time. I'm guessing it was his heart that was the culprit. His eyes had been the only other medical issue he related to me. He was raising three litters of labs the past several weeks. He brought a lot of happiness to people with in the dogs he bred. Sad indeed.

Oh no!!!! I received a note from him not long ago...he and I talked back and forth a bit. He seemed a little different but still upbeat.

My thoughts go out to his wife especially. When we had talked, Bev had broken her hip and he was doing what he could to help her. I never got around to checking on them again and now I wish I had.

Al, you will be missed.

I never met Al but I agree, he brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people, both from the pups he brought in to this world and his posts on this site. I always enjoyed his desert duck hunting adventures and he was so kind with his words.
Al will certainly be missed by all of us, Bev and many others.

Sorry to hear that news. Stopped in to see him on my way to Arizona 6 or 7 years ago. He was as nice and genuine in person as he was on here. He'll be missed.

His stories about dogs and ducks always brought a smile. His pictures were outstanding as well. Al was a well respected family member of this site. RIP my friend.

This is very sad news.

He will be dearly missed by family and friends.

May the Happy Hunting Ground welcome him with open arms. RIP

Wow, this is a shock.
I will miss him deeply, he was very knowledgeable on his dogs and was a great help on questions my brother and brother-in-law had on their pups. Would talk time to time about family and send him pictures of my kids growing up, such a joy to talk to and read his stories along with pictures.

Was fortunate to meet him in 2019 while on a work trip and he held nothing back on showing me around the place and his dogs. Bev cooked a great meal and dessert and had a great time. Had tried to go out again with the family but Covid regulations got in the way.

A picture he took of me at the Rio Grande where he would hunt

E44C436E-14D6-45A7-AC92-C776BBF97C4B.jpeg

At his house where he fed quail and doves.

DCFDABA6-8D65-4F93-A541-2B1752E6BF9C.png

Wow what a shock, always loved Al's posts, stories and pictures over the years. He will be greatly missed.

I always enjoyed his duck related posts and throughly enjoyed following the Rio Grande water level reports. But the Hummingbirds and flower posts were the best.

God Bless Al.

RVZ

So sorry to here of his passing. Loved reading of his duck exploits but also had a deep appreciation for his photography skills with his hummingbirds.

Wow. Such sad news for everyone that loved or knew him. He was such an active person of this site this leaves a big hole. He shared so much and was a friend to all. A sad day indeed.

Eric

Back