Al's obituary

This saddens me. I always have looked forward to Al's posts and photos, particularly of the hummingbirds. May he rest in peace.

I was so sorry to hear about Al's passing. He and I have been communicating for several years now with private messages, We are of the same vintage. About 3 years ago he posted that he was still hunting alone in New Mexico and that it was taking him a long time to pick up his decoys, He was my senior by several years. I JUST TURNED 79 ON JAN 9 A few weeks ago. I comissertated with him about Labrador retrievers and also beginning to slow down a bit.
I just had a slight stroke and just got home from the hospital today. I had the same thing happen about 10 years ago. 3days ago my wife noticed my voice was changing my face was drooping a little and insisted on taking me to the local hospital E R. I was able to walk into the hospital and wasn't showing any symptoms there. They suspected it had happened during the night.and cat
scan showed some damage on the right side of my brain, similar to the previous time., this area is mainly in charge of speaking and doesn't cause a lot of trouble with manual function or walsking Al and I both have had a fib for a number of years.
He did a lot of hunting for large game and waterfowl over the years, Including a several week backpacking trip in Alaska!!
I used to tell him that if I were younger I would have gotten one of his puppies!

The world is short a great man! I am lucky to have one of his fine labs! May he rest in eternal peace along with his dogs in the great blind in the sky!

Back