Alumacraft "Ducker" square stern model??

B Bailey

I have found one advertised as such but have never seen or heard of one before. All of the "duckers" I have ever seen have been shaped like wide canoes. Before I take a two hour drive to find out I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of that model. Thanks

They do exist, it is a very rare model. Ron Schuna is the DBHF Ducker expert and owns one of these boats. I believe he is still is up near the artic circle but I know he checks the board often and can provide you with all the info you need.

In case you have not seen a picture of the boat, they look quite a bit different than a regular ducker IMO. Not as much decking.

Mark W

So my next question would be...... Without seeing any photos and assuming it was in fairly good shape with no leaks or structural issues, what price range would you put on it. I know it is a shot in the dark, but please take a swing..

Are you, or the seller, sure its not a Grumman Sportboat, (AKA Sport Boat, SportCanoe, or Sportee) ? The Sportboat is 15' 4" long, 43" wide, and has a square stern.

That is how they have it advertised. I wish I knew how to put pictures on here. It is 12 feet long, mostly cockpit. The blurry picture of the emblem on the stern resembles one of the German WW2 era eagles. I am guessing that somewhere on the boat it says Alumacraft. I will work on getting some pictures loaded later.

That is how they have it advertised. I wish I knew how to put pictures on here. It is 12 feet long, mostly cockpit. The blurry picture of the emblem on the stern resembles one of the German WW2 era eagles. I am guessing that somewhere on the boat it says Alumacraft. I will work on getting some pictures loaded later.

If you want, eMail the pictures to me and I'll post them to the thread. I won't be able to do it until later this evening though. My eMail is FredMcIntire@Gmail.Com

Could it be an Aerocraft F-12? I owned one for a while and sold it recently. It had a tube in the bow and stern to pound poles into the lake bed.

AerocraftDuckboat58c.jpg

2012-09-19_10-50-31_33_1.jpg

Last edited:
No. No seats or pole holes in this one and more cockpit room. Flat floor and one single rib down the middle of the underside. I am working on the pics.

If it truly is a square stern ducker, it is what they called "the retriever" model. I believe there were only 205 or so of these built by alumacraft. I would wait for Ron the chime in, he knows these boats very well. I've sent him a text letting him know about this post.

Mark W

So my next question would be...... Without seeing any photos and assuming it was in fairly good shape with no leaks or structural issues, what price range would you put on it. I know it is a shot in the dark, but please take a swing..

I've seen them priced anywhere from 1000-1900.

It could be a Lund Ducker as well... Pics will tell the tale.

This link that Mark W provided is infact an Alumacraft Ducker Retriever. I'll dig out an old ad also

http://www.duckboats.net/...orum.cgi?post=198270

There is no decking on the square stern Ducker Retriever boat. The base hull was stretched on the original Ducker hull mold however bow and stern are a bit taller. If there is a square stern Ducker for sale and it does not have 3 bench seats and has decking, it is a custom modified standard ducker. There was one for sale someone contacted me about a year or so back that was clearly a modified hull. More to come as I locate the ad and maybe a few more photos

As far as market value,...I think the Retriever is worth a bit more than the ducker in the fact that there were only 205 made in one production year to sell in 1960. The decking on the ducker does offer a bit of comfort in higher winds though. I have seen one for sale from Southern Illinois that was offered at $1500 in great shape and one on Minneapolis Craigslist that was listed for $3500. I was very fortunate and at the right place a the right time to acquire mine. I was offered twice what I paid within a half hour of getting it. Couldn't part with it though.

I actually owned one when I lived in Alaska that someone had used as a sled to haul stuff into their cabin in the winter behind a snowmobile. When I got the boat, it was a 10 foot boat with a horrible wooden transom screwed into the hull and sealed with RTV. They had broke the transom, cut it square and went with it. I had an aluminum transom welded on and sold it to a buddy in 2001 not knowing what it was until years later. I had always thought...wow, if this had a deck it would be a ducker...and that it was. It was nice an light for hiking into smaller ponds to hunt.

Last edited:

Bottom of hull is same as standard ducker. One day I'll photograph all three (1952 Ducker, 1960 Ducker Retriever, and 1967 Ducker) side by side mainly for Alumacraft's benefit as they would like that photo but also for all of us on here!

Back