Anyone up on the best circular saws???

One thing I would not be without on a circular saw no matter what brand is a Freud Diablo Blade.

I think on a circular saw, the blade and the operator are the biggest ingredients to a quality cut. After that, a flat table, and ease of height/bevel adjustment. That being said, I run a POS saw my dad picked up for me at a farm sale, practically new at the time, and a "name brand" I had never heard of nor seen another since. I think he paid $7 for it, and I promptly spent $40-50 on 2 blades for it (a finish and a framing blade)...best seven dollars my dad ever spent on me. Biggest complaint is the adjustments...they stay put, but are a pain to get where you want them...definately features I'll look for when this one dies, and to answer your question, I'd likely start my search with Milwaukee and Porter Cable

Chuck

Thanks Gents, there is some good grist for the mill here, as always you guys came through. I have a few to look at.

T

Todd, I use a circular saw every day and am very rough with it. The best I've used has been the dewalt with the composite base. I've used allot of the other brand, even the Dewalt with the steel and aluminum bases. The composite is great because it is light and doesn't bend when you drop it, even from very high. This one has been around for almost four years, which is amazing. I normally go through 1 to 2 a year. Oh I bought it at Lowes. Good luck

Im also in construction and would second the dewalt with the composite base. I think thats a great saw, it just fits comfortable in your hand and has a good brake on it. I even cut some miter cuts on it from time to time. It sells for 139.00 at lowes.

Hey Todd, Im a self employed remodeler.. The last saw I purchased was a Makita 7005 mg. Key features:plenty of power, easy to read markings, and it has a light to light up the line that you are cutting, also fairly light, I beleive the mg is for magnesium...Good luck in youre choice..
I have this same saw and use it to make my living and would recommend it to anyone. I also have the Makita impact driver/ drill set18 volt. and its small light weight and packs a real punch. The batteries charge in 15 minutes. Amazon.com prices can't be beat and free shipping to boot.

Last edited:
Tod -

I gave my son-in-law this saw for Christmas and have used it and found it light, easy to handle, and a joy to use.

Porter-Cable 423MAG 7-1/4 in 15A Circular Saw

My personal saw is a Mikita I purchased in 1981 and it is still going and going, of course this is several new cords later and a couple of switches.

Matt

I had one of the "Yellow" circular saws and the armature went bad about 2 weeks after the warranty ran out.

Replaced it with a Milwaukee, and I can honestly say that this is the best circular saw that I have used.

Back