APRIL - What's on your work bench?

Thanks Dave, thanks Phil. The blooms are some of the typical ones you would see while turkey hunting. The single flowers are dogwood and the multiple little blooms are mountain Laurel......here's a better pic of the laurel and dogwoods. The woods are Walnut over Sassafras and Purple heart over Sassafrass. Sassafrass makes a real nice and raspy box.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, for taking the time to comment.
Jode, how much are you asking for the calls? My turkey seasons been a bust. All work and no hunting. Jeff

Not on my workbench...yet. Can you see a new diver rig in there? Maybe some canoe parts also. No i didnt cut them with that saw.

George, you are right, have to sort and hollow but this pile is for my rig. Ive got better stuff stashed away.

Here's one I did for a fundraiser. They're menhaden, "The most important fish in the sea" that we manage as if they're no better than dog food.

I did some relief carving into a rotten old piece of 2x12 that I found on an old deserted island in the Chesapeake. Added some detail with a burning iron and then did a bunch of light washes to get the coloring I wanted.

I really liked this project, time to go beach combing and find more carving stock!

-D

1515194_1635142886707245_1996562609_n.jpg

Last edited:
Never have had the opportunity to experience the snot bunnies in black cork. I'll have to trust you on that. Probably never will... White cedar is king!
I hope you can carve a boatload of broadbills to put out in front of the Kalash... Ninja Bob! Watch out!!!

Back