August - What's new on your workbench?

Great work everyone
Here's a buffy I'm finishing up. Funny story, had keel almost ready but noticed after my 3rd coat of spar that I still had "drake" written on the side of it. Had to sand it back down and spar again. Guess I got in a rush.
6C792E1F-39A9-4717-8560-9FBC0BED90CA_zpstow6zuzb.jpg

Been wanting to do a stilt for a while. Finally sat down and drew a pattern.
FFFAC41B-ECEF-444F-9B3C-FF78300EEBE1_zpstbnntv37.jpg

A6CA4A38-09DD-496E-863F-4E4A5BC13A6F_zpsps9evprc.jpg

Rick - Great looking rig! I'd be proud to hunt that anywhere... Pat

Bill - Great can and, great inspiration. Nice to see our forefathers inspiring us today. If it would decoy a can back in the 1940's, it will decoy a can today...

Nice work!

Damn You Bob......now I'll spend AT LEAST the rest of today, if not longer, with the dulcet tones of "I'll be callin you, hoo hooo hooo, hoo hooo hooo" in my head.....DAMN YOU.....

Steve

Mr. Mitchell, very nice work!!

Matt, I somehow managed to miss seeing that bufflehead. Good job!

Last edited:
My buddy recently got a GoPro and let me play with it to figure out how to use it, He's a bit technology challenged. So I saw that it has time lapse as an option so I filmed myself carving a Mallard body last night. First time editing a video so the music is a bit loud so be ready for that. I put on photobucket so we'll see how this work never done a video before.

Amazing work from everyone as usual. I'm still trying to learn. Here is my second attempt at a Lake Okeechobee style Pintail. Maybe it should be on the bottom of lake, but it's the best I've got. Hollowed tupelo and painted with oils.

The pair

Back