bailey bridge boat

WES Crumby

i'm building a bailey bridge boat (as a tender) have added a 30 inch
gill bracket and a console now i need power if anyone has experience with this boat could you please give me some advice on horse power needed to push this boat

i will add some pics soon

Running a new four stroke 60hp Yamaha on mine. Also put pods on it. The motor in the picture is the old 50hp mercury

SANY0734.jpg

SANY0727.jpg

I run a 70hp 2 stroke on mine and it goes well. 30 mph on flat water with probably 800lbs of guys gear and dogs.

With a flat transom you'll need some shims to get the motor trimmed properly and avoid porpusing. I can never get pictures to work on here. Here is another thread with info in it and some pics of my boat and other bridge boats. Let me know if you have any more questions.

http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=160992;search_string=Military;#160992

No spray from the pods...but I do get some from the brackets where the boats where pinned together at the stern. Not sure of handling issues of before and after, I never ran the boat before I had the pods put on. Just wanted added more bouyancy in the stern and also makes a great platform for the dog to gain entry.

Thanks for the info i plan to put a 70 Yamaha on it and was concerned if it would be underpowered ill start posting pics of my progress and advice would be great Thanks

I had a 50 HP Honda 4 stroke on mine I think the 60 or even 75 would be perfect

Joe, I'll have to come see your boat in person. I think these are awesome for the big inland lakes and Lake Erie...

Back