Berreta Xtrema 2

870 Supermag Express, rattle can camo, pull the trigger, BANG, repeat, repeat,repeat heeee heee sorry guys I just can't leave it alone. P.S. Interesting thread

I have an Xtrema 1 for 9 years or so with no issues EXCEPT when I shot Kent. The gun is flawless unless I try and shoot Kent shells. My gun just doesn't like Kent shells.

Kevin,

I'm curious to hear how your repaired Beretta works out for you.

I have a A400 and have nothing but problems with it. First started out, it wouldn't cycle 3.5" shells. I shipped the gun back to Beretta and they repair the gun for no cost. Apparently they were aware of this issue. Got the gun back and it was fine for a couple months. Then it started jamming again with 3.5" shells. At this time, it was prime hunting season, so I strictly started hunting with 3" shells. By the end of the season, the 3" shells wouldn't cycle either. The gun is cleaned after every hunt.

Just my opinion but I think many of the multi - length guns that are made to cycle 2.75 trap loads but will also handle 3.5 mags are simply built too light so they will handle the low end of the shot shell spectrum. Note I said many not all. I bought a bargain 3.5 inch gun and shot it out after 4 flats of 3.5 hevi-steel. Given a steady diet of the 3.5 fodder they break. Took that gun to the local gun shop after I fixed it the second time and told the owner sell it cheap and don't sell this one to anyone you know.

Interesting thread--I hunted with a guide who loved his Beretta and claimed it to be indestructible. But shotgun talk always seems to devolve to someone preaching Remington 870. I bought a 870 the year Winchester stopped making Model 12s because at least the 870 still was made of steel and wood. HATED it; it malfuctioned constantly and my wife had to talk me down from slinging it into the marsh. From which I conclude that all brands have lemons. Sounds as if Beretta has its share. Since I'm an old guy on fixed income the concept of an over-thousand-dollar gun is beyond my comprehension. I have used Remington rifles all my life with zero troubles, including a 740 in '06, and Remington shotguns (1100 and SP 10) likewise with no trouble. (The SP-10 gas gadget did need to be cleaned after three solid years hunting with no maintenance to ensure cycling.) I'm sorry to hear Beretta customer service is questioanable. For that kind of price they should make nice.

My son has the A400 and loves it. He tried to follow the break in by putting a couple hundred 2 3/4" loads through the gun. He only uses 3" steel, but hasn't put much more then a box through it yet. I hope to borrow it for snow goose hunting.

I bought myself a bday present this year .a new shotgun my first new in the box shotgun it was for my 50th.
Mcadam gun store in newbrunswick had a hot sale on the

new A300 extrema with kick off and shoots all 12 gauge shells in max4 camo...

so i whipped out the credit card and two days later it was in my hands....
hunted it prob 20 times by end of season and birds were piling up
love it cant wait till next season..
Sherm...

Back