BIGFOOR the decoy

Lance Pardee

I just found out that Bigfoot laid off the majority of there staff, and will now be sending every thing to China. There will be NO more BF's made in the USA.

Lance

It's the way companies have to stay solvent these days.....send it off to China to get it made for 1/3 of what it costs here and then charge the same or a little more for the product.

It's a win-win situation for American based companies.............BUT if this keeps up that way, in another 20 years we will become a Country that imports everything and yet can't produce anything here in the United States.

We will have to go through another industrial revolution like we did during WWII to regain our self-production capabilities. It really sucks IMO, but so does $4 a gallon gasoline we as a Country seem to do nothing about. Drilling thousands of new oil wells in ANWAR is not the answer to anything since our oil companies sell to a World Market and gas would still be $100 a barrel for the U.S. The answer IMO is to come up with another fuel source that would replace Gas.

Trouble is.....I won't see that in my lifetime. Bio-fuels cost over $3 a gallon to produce, so there is sure no savings there. Whgen all teh farmers find they can make more money growing corn for Bio-Fuel we lose there too by not having enough food crops grown. I think we need to start am Alien Capturing Program..........heck, they are so small we could squeez theio out of them for our fuel!

Dave

I don't think it is true. I got the following back from Bigfoot Decoys:
You can’t always believe every thing that you hear. You will always be able to purchase BigFoot decoys made in the USA for as long as there is a demand for them.
Thank you for your interest!

Brenda Heuer
Clinton Decoy Company
1725 Main Street
Clinton, IA 52732
563-242-8801
563-242-8802 fax

They may sell to world market, but it boils down to supply and demand. If opec sets barrel production, not price. Then inturn the market prices rises because of lack of production. Anwar gets aproved, they start test drilling. OPEC sees this and there corner on the market is getting cut out they inturn up production. Next thing you know $ per barrell goes done. This happened in the mid to late 70's if you recall. Also I would like hear or find more out the latest oil find in the Dakotas. It is big so I've heard.
As for China and all other overseas sweatshops, as long as we keep bringing the third world countries out of the stone age to produce products for world trade this will continue. They are going to demand more and more natural resources driving prices up for raw materials. Oil, tungsten,copper,aluminium etc. Might recall the deal Canada struck w/ China for oil. Them decoys ain't made from paper. China is also the biggest supplier of tungsten in the world. So much for the cheap super duck loads.
I am as guilty as as the next guy. I got 6 or 7 doz flams and carrylites in the barn that I don't use. Why, because the Chinamen are producing cheap appealing dekes. Why fool around painting plastics just buy new cheap. Maybe we should start charging more for the grains that feed the world and not give it away.

Gene R.

Big foot ducks are CHINA, Last I heard the gooser heads were CHINA also.... need to ask someone at custompak if they
are still making the bodies anymore at all? I drive by there every day on the way into town Ill have to start counting cars
I know that Calefs 4X4 SUV thing has been parked there for a while... the pro-staff mobile.

Will have to do some diggin

BUT

Were all screwed, Avery pushed the GO button on making AWESOME looking decoys in Hi-Yang now the other players
have to compete cause most americans are all about PRICE PRICE PRICE dont care about the cost to the country.
I guess you cant blame them ADAPT or go out of bizness.

Not to highjack this post but,,,I work off shore GoM. Deep water production which is where I am has NEW Wells and rigs coming on all the time. For Instance,,the one I am on has been pumping oil now for about 6 months and we hit our 10 million barrell mark last week,talk about pushing it out!!! And still the price goes UP,and Up??

Neil, developing countries are consuming consuming! China, India are consuming raw materials at a unbeleivable rate! Its not the molding that costs, its the painting and packaging etc that costs. I have a lot of designs that use plastic parts. I get my molds made in Taiwan, what costs $10,000 there is $35,000 here! Even if the mold comes back and needs tweeking it just makes more economic sense for us as a company. BUT we do all our molding here in the states because that cost is the same as foreign vendors when you take in the labor and shipping costs etc. Plus I dont have to wait 12 to 16 weeks for product to be made there and shipped here. All the metals parts, castings, stampings, turned metal all made right here in the good old USA! Our vendors have learned to become lean and competitive in the world market. We do all our assembly here in the US and then ship around the world, even China! Decoy companies and others aren't learning how to become competitive in a world market its easier for them to just get everything made over seas. Some companies are stuck with high union wages that make it were they just cant compete with the $5 a day labor in China.

Back