Boat colors

Charlie S and Titan

Hi All,

I was wondering what the favorite boat colors are for folks here on the board are?

I'll be painting my boat with FME. It will be medium open water gray since I primarily use it for divers. (If I use my mud buddy, it won't much matter since it hides most of the boat anyway, but I like the color so...)

What colors do you guys who hunt more puddle duck situations prefer? Is more of a green color preferred? Or are the greys popular (with local vegetation covering it)? Is one open water grey better than the others for where you hunt?

I know, the ducks could care less, but what do people here prefer...

Thanks,
Charlie

Last edited:
Hi John,

I searched for the picture you posted of your G3 before and the post (http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=22956;#22956) says that the photobucket picture is gone. Would you be willing to repost that picture?

Thanks!

Charlie

Kirby grey green outside...Kirby bronze green inside.

Got lots of compliments from Civilians... but my duck hunting friends are so so...

A.

Charlie,

My favorite FME is Open Water Dark Grey. Here it is on my BB3 Along with some Open Water Light Grey outlineing some browner tint that I forgot the name of - all of it is FME. In fact, I think the browner stuff is a custom tint that I did on the fly. Open Water Dark Grey will never look too light against any background that I have hunted.

View attachment BB3color.jpg

View attachment BB3dhbpevent.jpg

The pictures make it look a bit lighter than it really is but pretty close.

View attachment BB3color.jpg
View attachment BB3dhbpevent.jpg

Back