Brant

While we were out Fluke (summer flounder) fishing yesterday we saw the first flock of Brant ..about 10 birds plus a lot of Black Duck activity in the marshes of Woodmere....get ready it's right around the corner!

Recreational Fluke season ended Sept 21.
Commercial season is open all year, with a 14" total length.
I'll never understand that one. Those are going to be some small fillets.

I have been seeing a few Brant around the Great South Bay. When I was diving East Rockaway Inlet a few days ago and spotted a few small flocks at the mouth of the inlet. Seems last year I was seeing a few more by this time. Not much duck activity around here yet.

Recreational Fluke season ended Sept 21.
Commercial season is open all year, with a 14" total length.
I'll never understand that one. Those are going to be some small fillets.

I have been seeing a few Brant around the Great South Bay. When I was diving East Rockaway Inlet a few days ago and spotted a few small flocks at the mouth of the inlet. Seems last year I was seeing a few more by this time. Not much duck activity around here yet.
what also sucks here is all the draggers out front that destroy so many short fish. I'm heading up to Rhode Island next week to check out some real estate was hoping there's still fish around of good size I'm having bucktail withdrawals

Hi Tim, I saw your Areo Marine....If you need any parts like the old garage door handles.he used..I have.your welcome to them

Back