broadbill finishing touches

jeff tarr

Finished the boat and brought it home from my buddies a couple weeks ago.Now its time to set it up the way I like it.Heres what ive done so far.First I built a cockpit cover to keep the weather out.Next I bent the bow for the spray skirt and installed a combing to match.Then I made some grass rails and and attached them.Am undecided about what I'm gona do for canvas Heres some pics.

View attachment IMG_20130613_175634-1.jpg
View attachment IMG_20130613_175702-1.jpg
View attachment IMG_20130613_175745-1.jpg
View attachment IMG_20130613_175820-1.jpg
View attachment IMG_20130613_175841-1.jpg

Last edited:
glad you got her finished before the rain! good to see you buddy and thanks for the pair of widgeons cant wait to float em!

Jeff~

Everything looks great! Your spray dodger design is very similar to the ones I use. What is the material you are using for the curved rail at the bottom of the dodger? Did you have to heat it to bend it?

BTW: I have been using Sunbrella for my canvas. Easy enough to sew on our Sears Kenmore sewing machine but it holds up for many seasons. I get the Tan color but usually paint the dodger with a thinned duckboat paint.

All the best,

SJS

Thanks Steve,i made the bottom dodger rail and the grass rails out of 1 x 6 PVC .I ripped down to 1 1/4 wide w a slight bevel for the bottom rail.Its material that we use for exterior trim on houses now adays .I did not heat it its pretty flexible wen its warm out.

Back