Cannon Stolen in Michigan! Need your help

jwking

i got this notification from our Battery Sargent , if anyone happens to see any of this equipment Please notify the Police.
Thanks for any help you can provide. This is one hobby thats actually more expensive than duck hunting !

Stolen Cannon By:John Hughes
Date: Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 12:00 am

My Cannon, limber and covered 18ft Car hauler was stolen from my lot
at 4218 Pelham, Dearborn Heights, MI 48125. Batty B 1st Michigan
Light Artillery's entire gear was enclosed in the well locked up
trailer. My trailer has distinctive bullet hole decals running up
both sides and a giant cannonball splat on the back door. I want to
get this information out as quick as I can. The more eyes we have
looking the better!
U.S. 1841 6pdr cannon mark C.A.&CO 1845 on trunnions 298 over W.V.
on Muzzle
No. 5. Limber U.S. 6 pdr.
Trailer is a 2000 Haulmark 18ft covered car hauler charcoal gray
VIN 16HGB1834YH065667.
Please forward to any and all your C.W. reenactors and reenacting
websites.
Police Contact is: Dearborn Hgts. Police
313 277-6770
Officer Beaudree
Case # 2010-84
Reward!
Thanks
Dr. Bill Vecchioni
313 277-1100
313-274-5412
http://www.robinsonsbattery.org/index2.html

Gentlemen,
The owner just called me to report that the Alger 6 pdr and trailer have been recovered.
The crooks stole it for the winch and batteries and a "good sameriten" returned it. This
all because every artillery unit in the US put out the word in a flash.

Great News! I was picturing hoodlums trying to rob a gas station in Detroit with a 6 pdr. (stranger things have happened here in the big mitten). I remember when I was in my teens we had two knuckleheads try to make off with a 50.cal battery gun from a re-enactment. They were foiled by 14 Louisiana Zouaves with 58 cals. and bad attitudes.

B

Great News! I remember when I was in my teens we had two knuckleheads try to make off with a 50.cal battery gun from a re-enactment. They were foiled by 14 Louisiana Zouaves with 58 cals. and bad attitudes.

B

Lol, that must have been hilarious.

i know what you mean , last year at TRAIL OF HONOR i was all dressed up in the civil war stuff and talking to one of the seal team guys about their boat. He asked what I was thinking about so hard , i told him i was just wondering how many feet I could run with that Dillon before they nailed me !
He said he would let me have a 100 yard head start but realisticly the answer is about 4 ft. :)
Once we let them fire the cannon they were our best buds...........................still wouldn't let me unhook the dillon :(
he said this year i have a case of ammo reserved... ( insert evil laugh )

you guys need to make plans to attend this year........ http://www.trailofhonor.org/Home.html

Back