Carving an aniversary present

Doug C

Its been several years since i did any carving. Finally have found some time here and there to get back into it. Im carving this teal for my wife, and I'll present it to her for our anniversary.

I have a bunch more pics of the process but they wouldnt upload. I'll add them once i get the time. Thanks for looking.

View attachment teal5.jpg
View attachment teal3.jpg

Last edited:
Now according to happy anniversary dot com you have been either married for 5 years - traditional gift is wood, or for 27 years - traditonal gift is a sculpture.
Either way, if she is not happpy with it please send to my wife in MA. My wife didn't present me with a 5 or 27 year present and that carving would cover both years and the many in between and after.

Haha, I hear you Paul. Ive been married to her for going on 2 years, but we dated from the ages of 15 and 14. This year we have bought a house, have a son, moved, both started new jobs.....making something was about the only thing i can afford this year!!! I gave her my first carving 15 years ago. Now that we are married and my carving actually looks like a duck, I thought she might like an updated version. Her grandfather ran hunts for duck clubs here on the Eastern Shore during the depression and after, so she has some some heritage in the sport as well. Thank for the kind words fellas. Still a good ways to go but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

http://va-huntfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=522 This is a link to the entire write up i have on a local forum.

Back