Close call today NDR

Shermie

I was roto-tilling a food plot on the property when i slipped pulling it in reverse ,yup the unthinkable happened them tines grabed my boot and ate it up pulling me in with out a chance to stop it,i couldnt reach the throttle to stop until i shoved my boot in to try and stall it then i could reach the stop lever...

War amps here i come for a new leg was flashing thru my mind ...

My boot is toast with a few good slices thru it and i had a heck of a time getting my foot out and then the boot..lucky i had on them insulated rubber boots as they had give ,if i had work boots with steel toes it would have had more to grab and i wouldnt be so lucky i figure...

no marks ,just sore , for now seems to be fine ...all alone to i was daisy came running to the rescue barking her fool head off...thats my gurl she always keeps an eye on me ..like when i drove that spike into my head she was right there ...

Ive run a tiller all my life every spring either here at home or in the woods making food plots never ever had a close call...you just never know when do you?
sherm...

Shermie,

Things like that happen in a heart beat. Glad you survived with no injuries. You must have an older unit that does not have a "deadman switch"? If so you could make a homemade one for it. We used to make or own kill switches for dirt bikes way back in the day, very easy to do.

Close call glad your all right. Yep accidents happen in a blink of an eye you just never know. Definitley fit that bad boy with a deadman switch as Dave suggests.

Glad you're ok Shermie,and had the presents of mind to jam your boot deeper into the jaws of death, to stop the threat.Sound like that's what Daisy was telling you to do.LOL

thanks fellas ,im just a little sore today no bruises im still amazed....yes its a rear tine tiller the throttle lever is on the right hand side and i was walking backwards on the left side when i fell...no dead mans switch at all on it...

Man Shemie! I was just doing the garden prior to bug season and use the reverse all the time to turn it. I will be sure to be more careful. GLad to hear you are ok.

Back