COOL looking boats I found in a pile of leaves...

Boy, they are different,not sure how to use them. They look to be quite heavy as they require 4 people to carry them based on the handles.
They are obviously built for fat guys with long necks.
They have a mean looking fin,painted gray and swimming them upside down along coastal beaches while yelling "shark" would allow more beach space for your family.
Filled with water,an areator and a few gold fish or blue gills for catfish bait would give it two season use.
But what do i know,i'm just an Ohio hill jack located not far from Piqua Ohio.
Don't get me wrong,i like it . It has multi use capabilities.

Yes that is indeed what they are. We bought the rights to these boats from Ray at Reedy creek several years ago. I think a search and you may find some info on them. We still have the molds just never really pushed them. Sold a couple and just got to many boats to build now.

Bill,

Although they are a bit awkward, they are light enough for one person to carry. The four handles seem to be to allow handling from every angle. I too am a little confused how they are hunted out of. I'm going to try them tomorrow if it'll stop raining here.

I'm finding zero information on/pictures of them on the internet. It's like they never existed. I was hoping Tony would have had a bit more information.

Mike, thanks for the response. This thread has died after my failed attempt at humor. I know Tony, have spoken to him both in person and by phone heck i have bought decoys and heads from him and will probably see him at PTE. Mouille later this year. We may have a difference of opinion concerning boats but nothing more.
The problem with the internet if you are not a skilled writer is that you cannot see a persons face when you are "talking" to him. My comments may have been taken as sarcasm when in fact i was laughing to myself as i wrote them. In person i would have expected a spicy retort and much chiding.
Maybe i am jealous because i don't have any place to use such a craft?
Heck at first glance i thought it was an oversize guitar case.
But what do i know.
Best wishes,Bill.

Mike,

Although they are a bit awkward, they are light enough for one person to carry. The four handles seem to be to allow handling from every angle. I too am a little confused how they are hunted out of. I'm going to try them tomorrow if it'll stop raining here.

I'm finding zero information on/pictures of them on the internet. It's like they never existed. I was hoping Tony would have had a bit more information.

What would you like to know? We were approached by Ray several years ago about this boat and the molds. After a conversation and some thinking we came to an agreement and I purchased the design and a boat from him to retool the boat for resell. From our conversation there wasn't a lot of these boats built. For all I know you may have found half of all that was built. I know consigning work like these to try and resell them is not a great way to make any profit. Ray and I didn't get into specifics as that was not important to me. I thought the design was neat and that was that we purchased it. This boat is awesome. Tracks with very little work and paddles like a dream. Is it a duck boat? Not really and we have considered trying to push this market to fisherman and for summer fun however We just haven't got that far. Its hard to compete with Chinese built plastic kayaks now days. We also applied for protection of this hull under the vessel protection act in 2012 and was granted protection because it was unique.

This is the hull that is found on our UFO towable layout boat. Guess its time to dig them out and build a few. Summer is just around the corner anyway. So there you have the story on the Reedy Creek boat. Here are a few photos of one we built. We have been asked if the molds are for sale and at this time no they are not.

Last edited:
Mike,

What would you like to know? We were approached by Ray several years ago about this boat and the molds. After a conversation and some thinking we came to an agreement and I purchased the design and a boat from him to retool the boat for resell. From our conversation there wasn't a lot of these boats built. For all I know you may have found half of all that was built. I know consigning work like these to try and resell them is not a great way to make any profit. Ray and I didn't get into specifics as that was not important to me. I thought the design was neat and that was that we purchased it. This boat is awesome. Tracks with very little work and paddles like a dream. Is it a duck boat? Not really and we have considered trying to push this market to fisherman and for summer fun however We just haven't got that far. Its hard to compete with Chinese built plastic kayaks now days. We also applied for protection of this hull under the vessel protection act in 2012 and was granted protection because it was unique.

This is the hull that is found on our UFO towable layout boat. Guess its time to dig them out and build a few. Summer is just around the corner anyway. So there you have the story on the Reedy Creek boat. Here are a few photos of one we built. We have been asked if the molds are for sale and at this time no they are not.

Now We built one of these and took it to Canada with us to test it out. The boat worked great paddling around in the reed beds and in calm water. Once it got a to a 1 ft chop things changed you started getting water splashing inside the boat. Nothing drastic but enough to make a hunt on a cold day miserable. Thats why I say a summertime or fishing boat this would be ideal. Because when its warm who cares if you get wet. Right? Stable as hell and tracks amazingly and will support some serious weight. Dang it. Now I gotta get them out and build one.

Mike, thanks for the response. This thread has died after my failed attempt at humor. I know Tony, have spoken to him both in person and by phone heck i have bought decoys and heads from him and will probably see him at PTE. Mouille later this year. We may have a difference of opinion concerning boats but nothing more.
The problem with the internet if you are not a skilled writer is that you cannot see a persons face when you are "talking" to him. My comments may have been taken as sarcasm when in fact i was laughing to myself as i wrote them. In person i would have expected a spicy retort and much chiding.
Maybe i am jealous because i don't have any place to use such a craft?
Heck at first glance i thought it was an oversize guitar case.
But what do i know.
Best wishes,Bill.

Bill we built this boat at just over 40lbs. LOL The great thing is it doesnt need any floatation foam. it is a sealed air chamber and holds very little water so the risk of sinking this is extremely low.

When I first saw photo's of the boat. I thought it could do double duty as a grab it and go, small water fishing vessel. Very portable, light weight and room to stretch your legs or set down the rod. For the fly fisherman, very few things to get hung up on, and a easy reach to unhook fish. Made in the USA high quality, are attributes that appeal to many minimalist fishermen/waterfowlers. Two for one makes sense for folks that don't have lots of room for storage, nor the $$$$ for both.

When I first saw photo's of the boat. I thought it could do double duty as a grab it and go, small water fishing vessel. Very portable, light weight and room to stretch your legs or set down the rod. For the fly fisherman, very few things to get hung up on, and a easy reach to unhook fish. Made in the USA high quality, are attributes that appeal to many minimalist fishermen/waterfowlers. Two for one makes sense for folks that don't have lots of room for storage, nor the $$$$ for both.

Indeed, I just returned from Florida on vacation and we went on a guided trip using some motorized skiff called the solo skiff. Kool boat but very unstable and you had to sit still and was impossible to fish from. This boat being wide and stable would be perfect for those guys that run those kayaks on the flats and back waters. And that is what got me thinking about this boat again. I just dont see it as much of a duck hunting boat unless you have a need for a boat that stays in the back water marshes and then sure you can use it to get yourself around those area's easily with a very lightweight mobile unit. Going to build a couple again and see where it goes.

I have a friend in Canada who hunts walkin marshes, He has tried plastic sleds and pull type kids wagons with oversize tires. He loads them down too much gear they are hard to pull. Then he has to contend with hiding them. I wonder how this boat would pull with the fin removed?
Once set up he could lie in it to keep dry. He is roughly the shape of the boat but his neck is shorter.
Could you coat the bottom with something to make it more slippery ?

I bought a pair for me and a buddy and enjoyed a nice october wood duck hunt from the boat last year. It must be a lucky boat. The first band I shot from it was a Jack Miner band up in Manitoba.

I'm 6'4" 250 and this boat might be a touch small, it definitely gets the job done.

Tony you should start making a few soon.

-D

IMG_2857_zpsky5224w4.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsuqqaxgck.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Vince. I agree! This is a nice little spot where I can park my truck about 150 yds away and make a short paddle. It's a great place to watch the world wake up.

-D

Back