Couldn't let Dave have all the fun.

Pete McMiller

2nd annual Steelhead trip to the UP for the opener. Stayed in my buddy's camp right on the river. Great weather and no bugs.

Hooked 8 but only managed to get three to the net - this was the last.

Looks like an old bear caught dinner!

That would be the elusive "White Bearded Grizz" sub specie. Rarely seen outside of it's native habitat, usually found either resting or gathering food. Likes to sleep in an open den like structure, commonly know as a duck boat.

Last edited:
Did you buy that from a roadside stand or is that one of those "photo backdrops" where they hand you a pole and a fake fish and for $5 you can get your picture taken? Looks like it was taken at the local Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. Good looking fish Pete and great location.

Dave

Thanks Dave, it is a special place for sure. Many of the rivers in the part of the world have spots just like that one.

Beautiful fish & beautiful river!
Growing up in northeast PA that is the size river I to love to fish.

Way to go, Pete. Looks like a wonderful spot.

Question, since a friend of mine who lives up in the ABQ area put in for 4 tags and got skunked, how did you and the party you hunt elk with do?
Al

You and Dave are pouring gas on my fire. I'm dying to fish a stream in the mountains. It was 91 degrees here today. Summers starting early for us. Beautiful spot and really nice fish.

We put in with two groups. 3 of us in regular draw and two in the outfitters pool. All were skunked. Oh well, will try again next year.

Back