Decisions

Paul W

Trying to decide between duck hunting this Saturday and going to hunt Wisconsin rifle deer opener. the only birds I've seen flying the last week are swans. I hunted Monday on a classic late season lake and saw the same flock of 6 ducks twice. too far to get a positive ID.

some years the weather never gets cold and some years it gets cold all at once. hopefully some more migrants will show up. I had an awesome mid October hunting time, need to get some pictures up.

Paul -

I have no idea how important venison is in your household, but I can't imagine not having it in ours. Even in my younger years when I waterfowl hunted as many days of the season as possible.When deer gun season came in, I went hunting for good food, not antlers. I gave up bow hunting for waterfowling, but could not give up venison.

Each time we have driven through Wisconsin I have thought how good the deer and grouse hunting must be.

You mention already having a awesome October hunting. That in itself is a golden time, and I await your photo's.

So I say go for Deer, and if you do good luck.

This Saturday is also first day of deer gun season in western NY, and it's snowing as I write this.

Best regards
Vince

Paul, Like I said- my duck season closed quite a while ago. There are deer in Wisc. for sure, a friend just about tagged with his car. Bang, gut, drag,butcher then go chase ducks if you have any energy left.

Do you have any open water to hunt Paul? Everything around me is frozen over, even some of the bigger lakes. Went to a spot last Sunday only to find 1.5" ice. Someone before be had launched a boat, broke ice at the landing to do so, and went no further. Retrieved the boat and called it a day I would guess from the ice breakage.

Mark

Back