Decoy Killers...

I think some have the wrong impression. I understand that there will be damages and Lord knows I have caused plenty of it, but when the gunners has the option to wait for a clear shot and opts, ie bird sitting in the spread not flying and shots through the decoys to water swat a health y bird I feel he could exercise better judgment. Cripples are another story you started this now finish it without causing to much disturbance. Water swatting a decoy because in ore dawn hours because you thought it was a live bird unacceptable. Still won't kick you out, but you have opened yourself up to many years of ribbing.

I have had the fortune to hunt with Shawn quite a bit last season and hope to do the same this season. I have also got to witness the shooter Shawn is referencing. I can assure you this is a tongue-in-cheek question as Shawn and the shooter are good friends. Heck, I have had the shooter in my boat with me. Come to think of it, he was in my boat when the poor Veasey black duck got whacked at dawn hours. I may, or may not have confirmed that it swam an awfully lot like a duck. We jumped a couple of other ducks at that moment and unfortunately the shooter picked the Veasey as his target.

It has made for some funny moments and he has certainly paid a fair share in the ribbing he has gotten over it.

I have had the opportunity to chase many diver dekes from the spread as they were listing heavy to one side or the other after a good morning diver hunt. Until recently my diver spread has consisted mostly of hollow plastics. Many of them sound like a Rapala Rat-L-Trap lure at this point. They have all been repaired several times and I have elected to leave the rattle in the dekes as it makes me chuckle each time I pick them up and give them a shake before putting them out for another swim on the line.

Chad A

I think some have the wrong impression. I understand that there will be damages and Lord knows I have caused plenty of it, but when the gunners has the option to wait for a clear shot and opts, ie bird sitting in the spread not flying and shots through the decoys to water swat a health y bird I feel he could exercise better judgment. Cripples are another story you started this now finish it without causing to much disturbance. Water swatting a decoy because in ore dawn hours because you thought it was a live bird unacceptable. Still won't kick you out, but you have opened yourself up to many years of ribbing.

You hunt with mouth-breathing water swatters??? Well that is your problem right there.

Guilty, even though I have explained that ducks that decoy completely should be allowed to live so they might breeding and produce more stupid ducks every once in a while one gets swatted.

Back