double birthday present

wis boz

Double birthday gift
My son Jim Jr gave me two birthday gifts this past week. The day before my 90th birthday he was told his cancer had been removed after 7 weeks of radiation and chemo. The second gift was a trip to the Mississippi for the early teal and goose hunting. The weather was hot, in the high 80s reaching 90 degrees but with a nice wind and staying in the shade it was tolerable. The duck activity you'd expect to be slow which it was. The teal were still present but woodies seemed to be the most active. Even at 90 years old I pulled the classic, leaning my gun against a tree to pee, two blue wings came whistling by at 5 feet. My favorite shot, right to left. We hunted for two days and although with no birds in hand it had to be the best birthday present for both of us.
wis boz

Happy birthday Jim! You are an inspiration. Great news about your son.

Tim

Jim,

Great news on Jim Jr. If you guys still want to look at layout blinds some time give me a shout and I will try to bring a few up.

Take Care,

Mike

Jim, absolutely nothing could have been better presents. Well maybe some cooler weather. Happy birthday.
Al

Happy Birthday, Wiz!

Great story on lots of levels. It seems like your son has inherited his Dad's tenacity.

All the best,

SJS

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the offer. You've got a good memory! I bought a goose buster layout from Roger's after the season last year. Looking forward to putting it to use this season. Jim

It is good to read good news like this. I agree you are an inspiration; you've got 17 years on me and you're still out there being fooled by ducks. For reasons too complicated to go into (mainly financial) I have missed three seasons. I've been saving up my few dollars like crazy and may just be able to afford a hunt or two. You inspire me to think maybe I still have a few more good seasons to go

Congrats on the wonderful presents, and happy birthday!!!!

I am glad you got your tune in, so you will be on your A game in October! ;)

That's some great birthday presents. Thanks for sharing the news with us. Nice to be out, even if the flight is light.

Happy birthday Boz! Very happy to hear about your son responding so well to the chemo and knocking out the cancer. I can imagine your and your family's relief. Hope you have many more memories in the blind.

Dani

Back