Drake surf scoter bill colors

roy brewington

Does anyone know if possably rustoleum has an oil base paint that matches the orange and red on drake surf scoter bill. And if so what would be the color . Changeing some old carrylight bluebills into surf scoters and have used oil based spray paint for base colors but local stores dont seem to have small cans of these two bill colors in oil based.

Wal mart also has a small oil paint starter kit that is inexpensive that will give you the colors you need. I used them when I redid my plastic blue bills 15 years ago and they are in pretty decent shape still.

I used black rustoluem and then I bought red orange and yellow paint pens. Granted I've never seen one in my life but just carved 4 or 4 outta some foam I had kicking around. I'll take a pic

Tony

Old pic but was already in photo bucket

Last edited:
Hi, That should work. Are those 10 ga shells the decoy is sitting on? If you are shooting a 10 do you keep the empty hulls? I could use all I can get if you do and want to part with them.
Thanks scott

your scoter pic looks fine. I especially like the 2 beer cans in the pic. haha cant paint deeks with out a beer!!!!!!! if you really want color choices go to home depot. they sell behr ultra interior/exterior latex. they have hundreds of colors and will mix an 8oz tester for 3.29. you can get flat, egg, satin, gloss, mix to order. frank

Those are 12 ga shells sorry. Thanks for compliments, that was at old house, not much work space, although have a lot at this house and just a bigger mes. We mostly use the scoters for large dark profile, they're like 18x8 or 9 . Have seen one white wing but of course it was when we were setting main lines it dumped right in!

Back