Eiderway is underway

Shermie

Maiden voyage at a local lake.
first in the boat,i stopped by mickies school and grabbed her up all her firends and teachers were saying wow what a big boat !Can we come!?
Eiderwayunderway001.jpg

Eiderwayunderway002.jpg

i even got a cheer!!
Eiderwayunderway003.jpg

and the captain with a ear to ear smile

30 mph i figure because some ducks took off i could just barely keep close to them before they peeled away for the cove...

shermie...

Shermie,

Good for you, she looks nice.

Uhmm, I see [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Mickie is wearing her PFD,,,,,,,,,, where is yours? Remember, we teach best when teaching by example.
[/font]

Nice rig.

I see your ice is out, too. You Canucks getting the same "summer in April" we've had down here? I'd say most of our ice outs are a good 3 weeks early.

Near a week of 80 degree days and nights near 60. I was out trolling Sebago Lake last Saturday in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops! Most years for April trolling I dress like I do for December duck hunts.

We had 2 salmon into the boat, and saw a few nice togue (that's Mainish for "lake trout") taken by the rest of the crowd. Smelt run should be starting this week and sending the salmon up the rivers where I can get at them with a fly rod.

Thanks fellas ,yes im bad i should of had the pfd on,i felt so safe in this high sider.

The giggles and screams and laughing i got out of Mickey when i drop the throttle ,right there with a mist in my eye i said to my self the payments are worth it 110% just to see her that happy...

She handled nicely except for reversing it didnt like it .alot of boat to move backwards i geuss,I have a question for you seasoned big boat guys ,the prop on her now lets her fly and the other prop i have im geussing may be for pushing a bigger load.Here i have no clue on prop pitch.which produces more speed or push for big loads..which is which??

also would that affect the reverse speed [type of prop i have on]?

Ive spent all my life in small boats and outboards this is all new to me ,115hp is a big daddy motor to have in the water.

yes the country side is purdy especialy in the fall...ill try and get more pics of the countryside for you when i get out...

The ice went out about the end of march we had 2 days of 80f heat..mini florida some say..we have not had frost in a week now its time to plant deer food plots,i checked all my old ones there an inch tall all ready,,but the woods here are very dry god help us if a fire starts...we need rain,hardly any snow this year and the brooks are at end of summer levels real low

thanks guys
shermie...

Shermie,

Generally a lower pitch prop produces more thrust and a higher pitch prop produces more speed. This is all dependent on the power produced by the engine. Using a propp with too high a pitch for the motor will reduce engine rpm, thus reducing speed. Overloading a motor with the wrong prop (either too jigh or too low of a pitch) is not good for the engine.

Blade shape will affect the amount of reverse thrust any given prop will produce.

Last edited:
Nice looking boat! How long is your boat? She sure has some high sides.... Ought to be a real comfort to have in rough cold water. Are you going to camo her for hunting?

Tom she is 22 footer ,and yes she has high sides and perfect for hunting the atlantic ocean around nova scotia chasing seaducks in dec and january.
we used to go after them in 14 fters just regular sides 14 inchs etc..alot of scary days out there and kiss the ramp when you get back..

Now my daughter Makayla is 9 going on 10 for this season ,wants to go so i have to have a safe boat to take her...

as for camo me thinks she will stay white as we hunt the frozen bays in the winter and there is plenty of ice pans in the bay to park beside,if i do paint her it will be a rock ledge color like most of the seaduckers paint theres...

shermie...

Back