FALLING TIDE DVD - Got problems ?

Steve Sanford

All~

Although, as you have seen, many have thoroughly enjoyed our ON THE FALLING TIDE DVD, others have been "experiencing technical difficulties". Although Craig and I happened to get copies with no problems, others got defective DVDs.

We have heard from some of our buyers at the March 4 Show that some of the DVDs have problems. It is not every copy, and not every problem is the same. So, we are discarding our first batch and working with the manufacturer to develop a problem-free version. We hope to have the "new and improved" copies ready soon (mid-March?).

For anyone who has already purchased a defective copy, we will replace it free of charge and as soon as we can. Please send me a PM and briefly describe the problem.

If you have ordered but not yet received one, we will cash your check only after we can send a new version to you. We have not yet mailed any DVDs.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

CWK & SJS

Below is the ordering information:
ON THE FALLING TIDE DVD now available $ 25

Almost 4-hours long, this video features seven "grand old gunners" sharing their tales and expertise - and hundreds of vintage photos in 18 chapters. Just like a book, you can take in a chapter (or 3 or 4) at a sitting.

TO ORDER, mail a Personal Check to:

Steve Sanford
PENCIL BROOK FARM
160 Gannon Road
Buskirk, NY 12028

The cost is $20 for the DVD + $5 S&H. So, for a single copy, send a check for $25. For more than one copy, add $20 for each additional copy.

Please write LIDCA Falling Tide on the memo line of your check.

Sorry to say but all 3 of our DVD's had problems Steve. Can't wait to see the the entire production. Maybe just that batch Steve ???

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Steve. I'm eagerly awaiting the DVD and already have the time and place picked out for the first viewing.

Mark

Sorry, Bob!

Our new batch will be a whole new file (from the original - before it became a DVD) and will likely be on a single disc. I'll note 3 on The List.

All the best,

SJS

Hi Steve,
I am also having issues. The problem I am having is either no response or when you hit the remove to see the title highlighted is shows a different chapter.

Sat down this evening to watch. Seems like a couple chapters are ending premature, and now it freezes every couple minutes. Will try in a dvd player instead of my computer to see if tglhat helps. Will try2nd gift copy too.

steve, you will have to add me to list bought two copies. the problem with both disc one labeled disc two, both disc are the same and freeze up in don law interview, with color bars running on disc. this is happening on both sets. I tried them on two different players thanks rick

steve, you will have to add me to list bought two copies. the problem with both disc one labeled disc two, both disc are the same and freeze up in don law interview, with color bars running on disc. this is happening on both sets. I tried them on two different players thanks rick
Same here, Cap. Freezing and pixilation...

Hey Steve,

No problems on my end since I didn't get a copy yet. I would like to be put on that list when the good version becomes available though.

Thank you sir,
Steve

Technological issues aside, this is an awesome capture of waterfowling traditions. Time and experiences I wish I and my family had personally. Thanks Steve and Craig for pulling this together.

Tom

Back