Fathers work is never done

Shawn Linn

I have finally finished repairing the transom, fixing a few holes and adding a casting deck to the 16' Starcraft that I bought for my son to fish with in the summer and to use as a tender in the winter. We took it out Sunday and had a great morning pretending to fish. The thing rides well and the 1987 25hp Evinrude ran like a champ. Gets the boat on plane quickly, but is not so fast on the top end that I have to fear Connor running around like a nut. He is fairly new to running boats, but is doing fairly well........with the exception of navigating around docks.[inline docking.jpg ]
Sorry for roughing up your fine product Lou Tisch

He also has a lot to learn when it comes to trailer managementView attachment IMAG0232.jpg.

Overall the boat I am happy with the results and performance of the boat and motor, my son, not so happy with him

Old transomView attachment transom.jpg

Reinforced tansomView attachment IMAG0236.jpg

Casting deckView attachment casting.jpg

View attachment docking.jpg

Last edited:
And to think I was going to let Connor back my truck down this year. Maybe I will wait another year and let him have more practice with your tailgate!

Sorry for the mishap. Boat looks good.

So, if I drag a 25' Pilothouse to the party as a tender boat do you think you will still want to use the 16'er? Oh wait, I am trying to build the shop this year.

Chad A

Back