Favorite Canvasback Decoy?

You guys have some great Can decoys but I wonder how I would feel stuffing most of them in a decoy bag at the end of a day in the ice flows. I have a few that I baby from carvers I know personally but most of what I use I made myself and have to say I really like seeing them on the water. Not classic by any means but the birds sure like them and as Willy likes to say "The incoming bird is the ultimate judge". I made a dozen cans out of black cork (without bottom boards) and toledo heads back in 98 or 99 and I still use them as often as I'm able.

The Can is black cork and the Red Head is tan cork.
toledodecoysPMs.jpg

On the water, as you can see this one has a few 'life-like buddies'.
MrLeeCans3.jpg

Excellent birds Pete! Look great on the water. The birds in the picture liked them.

Got to hunt with Clint and Joe and see "the net". Whoa! That is one decoy rig!

Thanks Pat, I appreciate it.

Isn't that net something? When I first heard about it I thought - It'll never work. Even when I first saw it in action I thought the same thing - UNTIL I had a chance to be a part of the deploy/take up process and actually hunt along side it. It flat out WORKS.

and keep them coming for awhile, I plan on doing some right clicking and saving. The wife thinks I am crazy just looking at photos of decoys

Pat that George root is great, don't know anything about him so off to do some reading, thankyou for introducing me.

Regards Paul Scott.

Paul - George is a real gentleman and in my humble opinion, makes one of the best cork gunners going. Unfortunately, George is battling cancer and is no longer making decoys. He is a good, Christian man who made a small but powerful impact on the decoy world in his own way.

Here is a link to a page on him from the Carvers Corner Archive on this site...

http://duckboats.net.nmsrv.com/forum/html/root.htm

Thank you Mr Gregory for the information am very sorry to hear of his ill health. A talented chap. If any body else would like to look at more of his work this was a good site. Illoni delta wildfowl chapter. Thank you again. Paul Scott.

Hey Pat,
Is Chuck B. still around and carving? I sold him a 14' TDB a long time ago and picked up a pair of Redheads from him. They are some nice decoys.
Pete

Pete - I have not heard from Chuck in many years so am not sure if he is carving or not. I used to catch him every now and then on the MLB site when it was up and running. Not sure. He made a nice decoy. His can is one of my all time favorites...

Back