Finally.....Got it uncovered! AND ON THE WATER!!!

How many Marines does that sucker hold? What country you invading? Got some charging stations for the NVG's?

That is one hell of a boat. Looks like it could ride out a cat 5 hurricane with minor scratches.

Mark W

I can park a 4 wheeler between the console and front deck and easily run 3-4 guys, gear and a couple dogs with no problem getting on plane. It is a great boat. This summer I am going to build a rack/bunks from the bow to the front of the console for a 1 man hercules layout. If any of you ever come across one of these you would be a fool to pass it up. Light in weight and stong in construction. It'll go about anywhere and has a draft of about 4-6" depending on load.

Had a chance to work a little on the boat the past couple weeks.

A good friend welded this blind frame up for me and then welded it to the boat.

SANY0675.jpg

SANY0670.jpg

SANY0674.jpg

SANY0673.jpg

Then had took apart the old blind panels and re-attached to the new frame.

SANY0678.jpg

SANY0677.jpg

SANY0687.jpg

Still need to create the bow piece and while I do that, the pods for the back are being created too.

Still have a little ways to go BUT getting closer!

Nice boat Troy, looks like Casco Bay won't be able to throw anything your way. That boat looks like it's not afraid of any of the "low tide" rock bottoms that take their toll on so many boats up that way. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

dc

That looks like one heck of a boat. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Did that boat come with the box? It looks like the coffins that we have at work for toolboxes in the trucks.

John, Yes the box came already in the boat. I'm planning on keeping it in there for the obvious storage options and also it's a great place for everyone to sit on while hunting and under way.

Dave, I agree...looking forward to getting "nice-n-tight" to some not so friendly Maine shorelines and structure!

Graham, Not sure, I know the boats are "older" but I don't have any idea on production dates as it is purely a military thing. This site has some info on the purpose of the boats but I couldn't find much relating to dates.
http://www.ugliboat.com/
http://duckboats.net.nmsrv.com/specs/images/militarysurplus.jpg

Troy, your boat turned out great! Good job. That's the best transformation into a duck boat I've seen on one of those hulls.

Congrats,

Todd

Boat looks great. All that thing needs is a .50 cal on the front and it would be ready for a battle.

Awesome job! THose are one tough boats, made to take a beating!

There's one on northern MI craigslist, it has a jet motor on it.

Thanks for the compliments guys. It felt great just cruising around the lake with it last night. Felt like a kid again, you know, the first time you got to take out the 12'er with the 6hp Johnson all by yourself..LOL

All that thing needs is a .50 cal on the front and it would be ready for a battle.
Going to make a mock .50 cal for next year's annual forth of July boat parade on the lake!

Hey could you please send me your number i have one of these and i have a few questions about your floatation and the floor wcrumby@hotmail.com

Back