Grass rails

Good day

Well Our season is all done up here. Opens back up in Feb for 25 days for sea ducks there isnt enough good days to usually bother. So im in the process of redoing my sneak boat and im looking for some ideas to build grass rails preferrly for some dimensions or pics.

Thanks Again Guys
Chris Goldsworthy
Got Wings Kill It!

Check out Eric build. He goes into a lot of detail on Grass rails. Sure helped me. I think it is in Readers rigs.

Chris,

I don't know what kind of boat you have but let me tell you about what I did. I built a simple toe rail along the edge of the boat... the reveal was 3/4". The rail is 3/4" wide x 3/4" high. Simple construction.

It makes for a great "workbench" when putting out the deeks as it's small size increases the available work space of the decking. it also is extremely helpful when I am walking along the side of the boat. My boots don't slip off the boat.

Just another thing to think about. Good luck.

A.

I bought my black nylon grass rails from Bankes Boats and fastened them to my boat with stainless hardware and marine adhesive.

Not Dwight.... but here is the link to Banks. http://www.banksboats.com/

I Also used their nylon grassing rails on my BB III. If I remember right they offer a couple of different lengths, it took a longer and shorter one, for a total of two, per side of the boat. This combination worked perfectly in relation to where I wanted to start and end the rails. I also bought the well-nuts from them to atatch the rails to the enclosed flotation compartments. http://www.hansonrivet.com/w71.htm

If you go to the sneakboat section of banks site you can see pics of the rails on their boats.

Mike

For my barneget I used 3/4 x 3/4 rounded over the top.I cut oak to the length needed. I then routed out 6"long 3/16deep for the grass.
I left 2" routed remove 6" left"2 ect. The reason I went with 3/16 in takes less grass to grass the boat.
I can grass my barneget with a milkbox full of grass

Back