Herter's Decoys

I just inherited these. I hunted over them as a teenager now my teenager will get to hunt over them. Is it too early to be getting ready?

When you know how many days it is until the next season opener after the last day of the last season, it is never too early!
Al

Todd~

Never too early, but....

I always have a break between the late-winter followup/wind down from the season (it's usually cold and inside work is very appealing) and my summer prep. Too many outside pursuits - Turkey Season, chores on the house and around the farm, non-gunning boats (e.g., sailboats). Over the years, I have begun bigger gunning projects (building or rehabbing boats) right after July 4. Then, when we get that first cool, dry north wind in mid-to-late August, the Fall Frenzy begins!

Do you plan to paint this new rig - or just rehab lines and anchors?

All the best,

SJS

"Then, when we get that first cool, dry north wind in mid-to-late August"

So what is this cool, dry north wind in MID AUGUST of which you speak????????? As the robot on Lost in Space used to say, "That does not compute"!!!!!!

Trip (Little Rock, AR)

I may paint a few. There 22 cork and about 12 foam. The foam are in the worst shape. I'm hoping I can get away with lines and anchors for a couple of seasons. The corks are the best swimming decoys I've ever seen.

Back