I don't know about this shotgun gizmo.

At first glance it may appear as a "gimmick". I'm not sure I want to be the first one showing up at the trap range with that "thing" attached to my gun. :unsure:

That said, the tool is being promoted as a hands on training aid, to help understanding proper lead and pattern size at 35-40 yards. This aspect might be just the ticket for some folks.

I would probably equate it to training wheels for a bicycle. Some folks take to riding a bike like it was second nature. Other folks find training wheels to be a useful tool.

the below quote taken from Lethal Lead

"Product Description"​

The Lethal Lead Dead Zone Shotgun Sight is designed to give you the lead you need when hunting moving targets. It is the perfect hunting accessory for any level hunter from beginner to experienced! It was designed to assist aining when shooting moving targets, letting the hunter know when to take the shot. It has been calibrated to provide the proper lead for Ducks, Geese, Deer, Pheasants and Trap Shooting. The Lethal Lead Sight attaches to the end of your shotgun barrel and will fit all single barrel shotgun gauges. It is a great tool for teaching new hunters and experienced how to snap in on the moving target. The extended sight greatly improves your wing shooting making you the sharpshooter you always wanted to be. The average shot on a flying duck is made from a distance of 30 to 40 yards. These sights will help you determine the proper distance to lead a duck for an effective shot no matter which angle they approach from. Once the duck has entered the Dead Zone you’ll have the proper lead to make a clean kill.

Last edited:
Ya know, for twenty bucks I might just get one. I can visualize all kinds of scenarios at the club range, the club house, the duck blind, where this aid could come in handy. Say for example your buddy goes out to adjust the decoy spread. While he is away, you slip one of these onto the barrel of his gun. Yep, totally worth the twenty bucks.

I have never seen this before but a quick search on YouTube showed there is video about it 10 years ago. So it has been around at least that long. I guess they do not sell many or there would be more videos, conversations, etc. about them. It does seem interesting to try out for just $20.

Not going to lie. I've never been good at pass shooting or guessing range over open water. For $20 bucks I may have to try one. To be able to sell through Amazon they must sell a few.

A new version of a old gizmo to improve lead & shooting. Works for some and not for others. My case it would be a major distraction like a huge Ray Bar shotgun bead that takes my eyes off the target.

my 2 cents

First thought was April Fools. I guess a day or two late. I like the idea of shaming after blown sucker shots. :)

I can't se a shooter learning how to wingshoot with one. It may work under certain conditions, unique to each size sight, but shotgun shooting is pointing not aiming. A big sight like that demands that you look at it rather than focus on the target as you should. But hey, if it floats your boat.

Back