I wasn't going to say anything, but I just have to....

Thank you all very much for the kind words. David, please make it a Belgian white or a hefeweizen!

Other than a text to a few friends and a phone call to my parents, I wasn't going to say anything about it, but I was just so happy when I left the Drs office yesterday, I had to tell somebody. I figured it ought to be you guys.

I tell people I meet to refer to me as an "obsessive" duck hunter. As a result, I was not going to let cancer get in the way of a season.

There are so many things about duck hunting that appeal to me, being out in nature in really crappy weather, the friends, both near and far that I get to hunt with each year, the boats and deeks, that I just was not going to forego those things.

Again, thank you all for the kind words.....

John Bourbon

John, Congrats on the success and it is refreshing to hear of a compassionate doc with regards to hunting. This fall I had a similar experience with a nurse practicioner who was heading to ND the next day as I was to hunt.

Glad to hear it John. I had several spots of skin cancer taken off my shoulders and back on 12/23. Thought I was just going in to have them looked at until the doc pulled his numbing needle and knife out. At 33 its scared the Marlboros right out of my pocket.

Great news John. An ordeal I've not been through yet although I've been through it with my wife. It appears to be more common today. Like many I've thought about the possibilities and I hope I'll be as brave as her if and when my turn comes. I wish you good thoughts with the continuing checkups.

You have won the lottery! Congrads! remember scars build character! Make sure you keep up the 6 month visits. I have 1 more in the spring and then I will be annual!

Back