Idea's for Back rest's?

Got the Carsten's in the water and had the chance to knock em down the other weekend here in Nevada. what fun but my back was killing me... I ended up with a sore back.. I laid on my PFD which was fine, but I was wondering if anyone has thought of a good idea for a back rest.

I have a Carsten's "Pintail" Thanks all! Been having a blast in the boat out on the big water out here..

Mikey!

Back when I had more hair, and what I DID have was darker... I used a plain old piece of plywood about 15 or 16 inches wide and about two feet long. I just rested it on tha floor and angled it back to the coming. I then used the PFD for a cushion. My Butt was actually on the floor, with the baord supporting my back. It was comfortable enough for me.

My Son won a seat/backrest from MoMarsh a couple summers ago. He has since moved away and left it with me. The idea sure seems slick in the way it's made, and it is made well, I just haven't had the occasion to use it in that manner so I don't have a firm opinion on it. I suppose you could look it up to see what it looks like.

Jon

Scott and Jon,

I was thinking the same with the plywood. Thanks for the tips and advice guys.. I plan on heading out again tomorrow a.m. or evening and see how it works.

The Pintail boat comes with a molded seat thats a little elevated that I use to rest my back on. This works pretty decent but I'm always seeming to be tensing my back.

Thanks again guys!

Mike

There is only one seat to get and that is the MOMARSH INVISILOUNGE! Completely adjustable as far as angle goes, it wont get water-logged, it floats, it's camo and it's amazingly comfortable. I bought mine this past year and sat on it for a few hours watching TV one night... very comfy. You wont regret getting one!

Plywood, and float cushion on the floor

The momarsh types are super comfy but if you need to adjust them in a small cockpit boat it can be cumbersome.
the small piece of plywood can be stowed under the deck

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]There is only one seat to get and that is the MOMARSH INVISILOUNGE

[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I can't add anything to that, except, why would you want to have a board for a backrest when you could have an Invisalounge?
[/font]

Fella's

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, it looks like the MoMarsh is the way to go if I am going to buy something pre-made and the plywood option for something that I can make/put together.

A friend of mine made his own out of plywood he also got some camo codura and used mattress pad he put the mattress pad on the plywood 2 layers thick then covered with the camo codura and stapled it around the back. He sits on a camo boat Cushion with his homemade backrest behind him resting on the coaming of his sneakbox. It was cheap and he has used it for years.

I was given a cabelas folding seat(like the momarsh but not as nice and it soaks up water) I have used that and its Comfortable sometimes too comfortable and I fall asleep In my sneakbox. I plan to buy a momarsh when the one I have breaks.

right now momarsh , macks, and cabelas are back ordered on momarsh seat waiting for my new one should not have let my old seat go with other boat when i sold it my fault

I too ordered one of the MoMarsh seats from Cabelas almost a month ago and just today they sent me an email that said it shipped out last night. Maybe just maybe they got them in stock now.

Neil

Back