I'm In Awe Of This Group

Eric Patterson

Staff member
It seems to me in general duck hunting forums are losing active members and participation. I think other social media has displaced participation on a lot of duck hunting forums. But looking back at duckboats.net I can't remember a year where the members contributed as much as what we've recently seen. All the boat building photessays, personal projects, monthly workbench threads, and so many other contributed topics shared has me sincerely impressed by the fine artisans that choose to show their craftsmanship with this community. Other online communities are shriveling up and this place is flourishing. Simply amazing.

This group has always showed me their appreciation for the site and thanked me in countless ways. I'm not looking for that here. I just want to say simply amazed at the concentration of talent and the caliber of waterfowler that choose to be a part of this community. Blows me away.

Eric if it wasn't for your high standards and holding true to your site requirements as well as those of past and present moderators this site would be no different than those you speak of. I thank you for providing a site with values my children and my grandchildren can be a part of.

I'm trying to get back into the forum more. I admit that I was one of those who got more tied up in Facebook than posting here. I realize what I have been missing. thanks for a great page Eric.

Great group here. Thanks, Eric. Glad you let us deadbeats hang around, too!

Last edited:
I lurk more than I post but I am constantly amazed by the talents that are displayed here, the wealth of knowledge and the overall helpful attitude of the members.

Thanks for a great site.

Brad

Eric - It all started with great vision. We appreciate your leadership and all the hard work you and Chuck put into our site. It's a great and comfortable place to have duck conversation and to share knowledge with our fellow waterfowlers.

Keep up the good work...

Thanks to one and all, it's very good place to hang out and exchange tips, tactics, ideas and BS. Kinda like hanging out in a new age duck blind when the birds are somewhere else...

Aw shucks....time for a group hug! Thank you Eric. Thank you moderators. Thank you DHBP supporters.

Group hugs are a thing of the past... group "selfie" is what we need now. :)

I couldn't agree more Eric. I have often wondered why this place is so different. There is a dedication to the traditions of the past and an underlying level of courtesy to each other that just does not exist in online communities in general. I don't know that we could recreate it now if we wanted to its developed over time and the community itself expects / demands it from new and old members.

I really enjoy this place.

I find myself checking out this site as often as I do the local/national news. I love the stories, info sharing, and photos. So many sites aren't very friendly and helpful. Can't say that about this one.

I think we all appreciate the effort you continue to put into the page/group. I don't have anywhere near the time I'd like and as a result, don't get to post much. However, I know I can still lurk a bit when I have time, and contribute whenever I can, but the group is of consistently high quality year after year. Just as important is that it's a tremendous archived resource as well!

Thanks for your efforts!

I am a regular lurker, sometime poster.
I look forward to my regular visits to see what you guys are up to now, I especially look forward to living thru the boat builds.

Before I found you guy's I had tried several of the other duck hunting sites, the members on one of them post like a bunch of frat boys who just left home.

Glad to read, see the pictures and learn as I go.

Especially touching to read the tributes, I lost my last Lab "Sir Maxwell Waterborne" 12 duck seasons ago. It just isn't the same without a Lab in the house.

You guys give me a great place to come and enjoy some camaraderie.

Thanks,
R.C.

This site is honestly the best hunting site I visit period. No BS attitude or corporate "hunters" here! I've learned so much from the collective knowledge that you guys have, I'd be years behind without you guys. Thanks!!!

I may not post much, but I usually check it out every day or so and recommend it to some others. Especially some of my young hunters.....

There are 3 websites I visit daily all year: duckboats, ESPN, Kentucky Sports Radio. I was introduced to this site by Steve McCullough. I don't post very often, but it is a daily read for me. Appreciate everyone's attitude, stories, and fellowship.

Back