I'm so sorry ...

That 9.3 million viewers (according to Fox News the most-watched show on TV) saw the season's final episode of "Duck Dynasty." If only this were the last episode, period. I realize this is all about money -- probably due to lagging sales of their duck calls -- but I'm a bit concerned that this family gives us all a wrong public image. It's not enough that their brand of humor creates some degree of mockery to my passion for waterfowling, then they attempt to switch gears by closing each episode with prayer!!?? Yeah, I admit to watching the show at times, just to spend more time inside with my wife, but I remain thankful that this "reality show" is just one big joke and that I can still experience the real thing with wooden boats and decoys.

You'll get no sympathy from me. I like the show. I hope it keeps going as long as they can keep it entertaining.

Phil does have a lot of money from his successful business, but I doubt it has always been that way. He just designed and made a product that people bought.

He certainly wasn't motivated by money when he turned down a career in the NFL because it would interfere with duck hunting. He must of been pretty good too, if Terry Bradshaw was second string to him.

If you don't like them praying, you could always tune in to one of the other reality-tv shows where they scream, fight and only mention God when they curse his name. Perhaps the Kadashians? Apparently Phil has been promoting his faith and in God for some time long before the show as well.

I am quite amused by their high-jinks every week. They just crack me up. They are duck hunters, but the show really isn't about duck hunting or even making calls. It is about them just doing funny stuff.

Of course I may be the oddball TV-watcher that can't stand the slew of CSI, investigation, or serial killer, type shows that are on other networks much too often for me. I don't even like to watch the previews for the Hannibal show.

For me keep Duck Dynasty coming.

yup they are goofy and sometimes over the top. I can watch the show with my whole family without worry. I enjoy the way the show ends with the whole family gathered around for prayer before the meal. No explicit language and a lot of clean laughs almost brings back black and white television memories.

My kids love it, it doesn't interest me. I have better things to do but certainly that's what makes America great. To each his own.

Well, my wife finds the show entertaining, too. And, just for the record, I do appreciate the fact they close in prayer. I just hope viewers take this part of the show seriously ...

If your biggest grip is seeing prayer at the end of a show, you have bigger problems.

I dont watch it much personally but it is refreshing to put something on and not have to worry about what word my 3 yr old will pick up and say the next day. Even broadcast TV just cant help but add in 4 letter words. Its unnessesary and I dont see why anything other than garbage gets called a joke. I guess it might be to some true salty selfproclaimed "hardcore" waterfowlers.

Last edited:
My entire family likes the show very much. It's much more entertaining than 95% of the stuff thats on TV. For sure it's WAY better than ANY of the "Hunting" programs, and just as Real.

The fact that it's family entertainment, it's folks that hunt and fish, and make duck calls, and the show ends with "Yall Bow Yer Heads" makes me Smile.

Hope they make tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$ while they can. Way better than any of the bucks spent on "Sports Icons" who play in tax dollar supported, and built stadiums.

Plus, for the $$, their calls work Real Good, as far as I'm concerned. Just my 2 cents worth.......... To each his own.

WE LOVE THE SHOW IN MY HOUSE ! Good clean fun is hard to find anymore. Alot of it might be exagerated but most of it is not . I just wish one of them boys would of had a duckcall around there neck while in the duck blind . I mean you do own a duck call business ...

Most people recognize the "Show" for what it is. If shows gave people bad names, then Archie Bunker and Sanford and Son would have been trouble. Not to mention how Chico and the man portrayed old men. Heres to free speech. Just change channels. Maybe they'll show duck hunting sometime.

Haven't watched the show and wouldn't, but I also wouldn't share a blind with him or partake in a 'bacco spittin' contest with him either. IMO he was bad for waterfowling before and I doubt that in this incarnation he is any better.

T

When I first saw the previews for the show, I thought I would not like it, nor watch it. Then I actually watched it. Now as I said think it is great and my opinion of Roberts has changed as well. So much for me prejudging something or someone without even giving it a chance or really knowing anything about them.

someone had a rough week Tod

i like the duck commander and i would share my blind with him. It is a good show and they will hopefully remain humble and never stoop to what foiles did. they're good people in my book.

and just my support for prayer:

Thank you Jesus for this splendid day and for my girlfriend who is making me dinner, Amen.

someone had a rough week Tod

i like the duck commander and i would share my blind with him. It is a good show and they will hopefully remain humble and never stoop to what foiles did. they're good people in my book.

and just my support for prayer:

Thank you Jesus for this splendid day and for my girlfriend who is making me dinner, Amen.

No rough week here - I made that decision after careful consideration years ago.

As far as dinner, I hope yours is good. I'm just about to sit down to a meager dinner of wild turkey, the last of the winter squash from last year's garden and some fresh dug ramps.

You ain't the only one Tod.

Phil has lied a lot over the years to build his reputation. Most of that football stuff is pure BS, so how much else of what he claims is made up.
I guess it makes people feel good to laugh at the goofy rednecks. I also hate the writing on all those supposedly funny 'reality' shows. It's the same thing all the time.

Tim

Haven't watched the show and wouldn't, but I also wouldn't share a blind with him or partake in a 'bacco spittin' contest with him either. IMO he was bad for waterfowling before and I doubt that in this incarnation he is any better.

T

I agree with Tod (and I'm not just backing him up because he pledged me his eternal admiration...but that didn't hurt). I don't have a TV, we haven't for years, and I'd say from seeing the PR pictures/promos/internet trailers, etc. for the show that it is the essence of why we don't have a TV. Additionally as a duck hunter, I'm embarrassed to think that this may be non-hunters only perspective as to what our duck hunting is about.

Chuck

.................. Additionally as a duck hunter, I'm embarrassed to think that this may be non-hunters only perspective as to what our duck hunting is about.

Chuck

Chuck, my feelings too.

Most of my friends watch and like it.....not me. Watched it once or twice, think it is a bad portrait of hunting in general. Not for me.

I do like the Duck Commander Drake Mallard whistle. It is the only piece of plastic hangin around my neck.

I love this show and I love that they believe in Jesus Christ, love duck hunting and promote family. Sure it may be scripted at times but it is clean funny humor and that on TV is as rare as a ruby throated humming bird in ND around Christmas.

Man there are some bigoted waterfowl hunters here. Some of you sure come across as mighty haughty.

Back