It's a Wrap! Season is Over... (PIC HEAVY)

Victor Duskin

This weekends youth hunt sealed the deal for the 2013/14 Alabama Duck Season.. It's bitter sweet really, but then again I am ready for some baseball.

Tyler and I finished the season just as we started - hunting with my friend Matt Ragland and his boy Dawson.

I know the boys would have loved to have ended the year with a stringer plum full of ducks but it didn't happen. If there skills shooting matched their desire, there's no doubt it would had - especially Saturday morning. Sunday Morning not so much.

I know I enjoyed both days - ducks or no ducks I believe deep down they did too...

IMG_8079-1_zps403518cf.jpg

You Tube with Diamond Dave during the slow times kept the laughter rollin'

IMG_8108-1_zps4cf1724a.jpg

Ol' Link cared less about You Tube

IMG_8101-1_zps9f0be74d.jpg

Tyler seaching the sky for ANYTHING with Wangs...

IMG_8078-1_zps516e998f.jpg

Not all was a loss... They manged to scratch down something to keep Lincoln happy.

IMG_7950-1_zps72c76ed1.jpg

IMG_7955-3_zps15ea7178.jpg

Dawson... I mean Ke-mo sah-bee. Is enjoying his new hat.
IMG_7959-1_zps7eb018b8.jpg

Disappointed in their shooting - Matt caught me here just trying to keep things - Happy Happy Happy.

VIC_TY_D_zps17464666.jpg

Now on to Sunday - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -

Sunday was real slow - alot of you tube and empty sky watching - forsure.

This is Matt - He is a heck of a photographer and capture some great shots of Link (The ones below)

IMG_7998-1_zps1029dbd0.jpg

I know now why Lincoln isn't a Super Duck Dog - Spoiled! LOL

Tyler-Lincoln_edited-1_zpse127ec06.jpg

Tyler-Lincoln2_edited-1_zps4c78b5ea.jpg

These next shots were taken by Matt - I am glad he doesn't bring his camera everytime we hunt - I'm not sure I have enough wall space!

1620970_10201976470310872_1030277073_n_zpsf573868c.jpg

dayII_zpsaad3ec22.jpg

DayII-Link_zps30c247ca.jpg

Last but not least - Tyler, Me and Lincoln - I truly enjoy this kid, period! Hunting with him is a bonus. I am blessed! Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed it.

dayII-ty-vic_zps7059cdaa.jpg

Now that was enjoyable, Victor. Thanks. Loved that shot of Lincoln with the mallard. Please congratulate the boys.
Al

Victor~

Congratulations to the whole crew!

Beautiful photos. Looks like Matt cropped out all of the ice and snow.........

All the best,

SJS

Victor

Duck hunting with our sons and playing baseball after hunting season is over. I can really relate. Great post and pictures. I got a funny feeling our sons are going to face each other on the diamond but hunt together. I hope so.

Eric

Now that was enjoyable, Victor. Thanks. Loved that shot of Lincoln with the mallard. Please congratulate the boys.
Al

Thanks Al! I will pass it one to them... I'm glad you enjoyed this post! And I am fond of that picture myself... I believe I'll be framing it..

Thanks Vic

MR Ducks
CM wangs...?

MLBob

You know Bob i had forgotten all about that saying... So thanks... I will make sure I pass that along to the kidos.. a buddy of mine use to say that all the time.. LOL

Victor~

Congratulations to the whole crew!

Beautiful photos. Looks like Matt cropped out all of the ice and snow.........

Thanks Steve - It started spitting snow when we were wrapping things up that Staruday Morning, but that was it.... We have gotten a little snow today though.. enough to shut down Huntsville... I thinkit measured .5 inches LOL

Duck hunting with our sons and playing baseball after hunting season is over. I can really relate. Great post and pictures. I got a funny feeling our sons are going to face each other on the diamond but hunt together. I hope so.

Eric

Eric - There no doubt they will face each other on the diamond... And You and I should make that hunt happen next season - that would be great.

MR Ducks
CM wangs...?

MLBob

You know Bob i had forgotten all about that saying... So thanks... I will make sure I pass that along to the kidos.. a buddy of mine use to say that all the time.. LOL

Victor, There was more I think. Might have been:
"MR ducks...
MR not...
OSMR, CM wangs? ...
LIB, MR ducks!"

That was a while ago, but I can remember doing that with my kiddos when they were little ;-)

Last edited:
Victor It's great to see you breaking your Son IN to the Sport at his age. DID THE SAME WITH MY GRANDSON. YOUR PHOTOS BRING BACK SOME GREAT TIMES TOGETHER & FOUND MEMORIES. [[ THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES]] PAUL

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for mine to get that age... but I don't want to wish our lives away so I'll try to remain patient, ha.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Victor It's great to see you breaking your Son IN to the Sport at his age. DID THE SAME WITH MY GRANDSON. YOUR PHOTOS BRING BACK SOME GREAT TIMES TOGETHER & FOUND MEMORIES. [[ THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES]] PAUL
Thank you! I am glad it brought back some memories for you... That is one of my favorite things on here is seeing someones post that makes me drift back to the good old days. thank you! - Vic

[/font]
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/url]
Great photos!!!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them! -Vic

[/font]
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] [/url] [/url]
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for mine to get that age... but I don't want to wish our lives away so I'll try to remain patient, ha.

Kyle, your welcome! I know what you mean... but Believe me it will happen over night it seems! - Vic

Victor,

What a great write up.

You know, Bringing the camera into the blind was the best thing I ever did hunting wise.

I mean, after the hunt is long gone, you will always have those super memories to look at. Looks like you guys had a fine time and it makes me glad to see smiles and fun associated with duck hunting. It ain't about the killing, It about all the other stuff too.

Right on.

What a great write up.

That means something coming from you - Thanks! I always enjoy reading your post.

It ain't about the killing, It about all the other stuff too

No doubt... and one day these boys will feel the same way, as we all here do - - I figure only aging teaches appreciation.

Those ared some awesome shots by your buddy Matt and some ducks were bagged so there must've been at least a couple nice shots by the boys too. Great memories there...only 8 months until next season opens!

Steve

Great series of photos--Filson style hats and all. Question about the shotgun--looks like a BPS? Is one of the shooters left handed? A BPS is perfect for a lefty. Because one of the pics appears to show the safety far to the left of the trigger guard and I can't believe good duck hunters are sitting around with the safety off.

Great series of photos--Filson style hats and all. Question about the shotgun--looks like a BPS? Is one of the shooters left handed? A BPS is perfect for a lefty. Because one of the pics appears to show the safety far to the left of the trigger guard and I can't believe good duck hunters are sitting around with the safety off.

Thanks Bill... My son is a lefty and loves his Browning BPS 12 as well as my Filson Wildfowler (he took it over when he was 9 (13 now) and has still not to grown into it so it fits like a bucket but he loves it and I'm proud to see it on him. The safety on the BPS is on top and worked with the thumb - so all is good there. What you see is the button that allows you to shuck shells when empty the gun. Oh and I would hate being accused of being a good duck hunter - I'm nowhere near that :) --- I learn something new every year. Thanks Vic

Back