Just blacks

Dick Sargeant

After yesterday's late afternoon swim and hasty retreat for dry clothes, I needed more time with the ducks. Light was good so I gave it a shot with the camera -

9080blackpair_zpsafc6122c.jpg

9083blaksandhybrid_zpsfa853d9b.jpg

9088blakstofeed_zpsea3f30f0.jpg

9129incomingblack_zps6d3da0a8.jpg

9126blacklanding_zpsde364395.jpg

9177blackswimmer_zps9c0740a8.jpg

After a good time taking these, I managed to meet an old friend who was clamming and conduct a clam transaction which made for a great supper. Nothing like steamers after sitting on the salt for a few hours.

sarge

Fantastic, Sarge. That incoming is spot on. Sure do like that shot a lot, as I do the last two. In that second shot, is the black/mallard hybrid, the duck with white in the speculum?
Al

Red LEGS yes Dick thats them ,,hey AL heres some pics of them Blacks ,,,,

Now you add 40 to 50 knott winds and waves and a blizzard every hour ,yep flyin at mach 2 and side slippin thats the buggers that got away..
sherm....

yes them bloody Mallards are a plague ,shoot them all there ruining our black duck population,,,they make for a bigger, fatter,and yes stupidier bird,,

thank fully they toll fast and we shoot them first....then wait for the real blacks to stop circling for a half an hour....

sherm....lol

Fantastic, Sarge. That incoming is spot on. Sure do like that shot a lot, as I do the last two. In that second shot, is the black/mallard hybrid, the duck with white in the speculum?
Al

Hi Al - Will send a PM re M later. Yes, that's a hybrid and there are several in a group of about 75 blacks. Also had a big group of pintails show up and hope to get some good flight shots of those rockets.

sarge

Red LEGS yes Dick thats them ,,hey AL heres some pics of them Blacks ,,,,

Now you add 40 to 50 knott winds and waves and a blizzard every hour ,yep flyin at mach 2 and side slippin thats the buggers that got away..
sherm....

Shermie - a number of years ago, I managed to just beat a big cold front down to barnstable marsh on cape cod. We figured we were in for a red letter day. When the front came through, however, the wind was so strong that we were afraid to shoot ducks, figuring we could lose a dog trying to retrieve them. Wind came up over 50, thunder and lightning, snow and then ducks and geese...........like I have never seen poured into the marsh from over the dunes and the open bay. We had a canoe out in the marsh...........ah youth.........lucky I survived a few of those trips !

sarge

"Great Photos" We love to hunt Blacks here on the East End of Long Island, we all grew up as young hunters trying to outfox them.
Keep the Photos coming, very much enjoy them.

Back