Lab breeders in New England...

Nate Grace

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable labrador retriever breeder in the New England area. My wife gave me the nod for the possibility of a pup for Christmas. I met someone recently who recommended a breeder in New Hampshire, but I can't recall the guy's name.

Thanks,
Nate

Nate Sir,

This is the place my new pup came from http://www.maranathakennels.com/ My little "Beau Drake" is out of a repeat littler with Copper and Pewter. The first breeding last year, Fema came up from Florida and bought two pups and one went to the Wells Police department.This year in the repeat breeding Fema came up and bought four pups out of this litter. All four were females so I had second pick but only had four males to pick from. Beau is 7 months old and has been a great pup so far. He likes the woodies so far! Copper his father is a dual AKC FC Champion (Canada and US). Pewter has all her AKC hunter titles and also hunting titles from Nahra. I'm looking for a Chocolate female for this time next year. I have found a Chocolate Sire I really like but will have to wait for a little while to see who is going to breeding with him.(http://www.trinitylabs.net/) look under boys and look at Cuda..

If anything these links will get you psyched for a pup !! Finding a pup can be great fun in its own right! Good luck Nate, take care Ed

View attachment IMG_0399.JPG
View attachment IMG_0399.JPG

Last edited:
Nate,
Paul Botelho, Gunning Island Retrievers, is fairly close to you in South Dartmouth, MA. 508-636-3979. Paul is very proud of his dogs and does a great job breeding and training. You'd have to check with him to see what/if he has anything available.

Got a lab from Gunning Island 4 yrs ago this Christmas and have been very pleased, right at home on the water and with the kids.

Thanks everyone for the great tips and advice. Rich, I'll touch base with Gunning Island. They look like great pups. We are still talking it over, trying to make sure this is the right time. We need to puppy proof our house a little and make sure the kids know what is expected if we do get a pup. I have to say, I am a little anxious, almost like having another child!

Thanks again.

John, see you Sunday at your place.

Best,
Nate

Nate
There is also Sugerfoot Kennels in Burnham Me. I have heard great things about them. They helped out my father in training his dog. On a side note At our Delta event on the 15 th in NH we are expecting a large number of HRC (Hunting Retriever Club)members to be attending could be a great opportunity to talk to some dog guys.

Good Luck
Colin

there is a very good breeder in MI formely of NY he is comming to NY the week of christmas and has some pups available from a very good breeding. My brother is getting a pup from this litter check out it www.oldsquawkennels.com The dog on my website is from his kennel as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back