Life/summer

Brad Wainscott

What a strange summer it has been. The temps never really got to hot and when they did it didn't last! Learned enough about making decoys through this site and with the help of some others to make my own rig. With a new boat(to me) at least everything should be set for wood duck/teal. Yet something still doesn't feel right. Three weeks ago my father and my hero had a stroke at our family farm. Doing what he does at 72 years of age, trimming, cutting grass, anything but relaxing. With six other siblings and two family business's (restaurant's) it has been a wake up call for everyone! When they said that it was a mild stroke I just thought that he would be back to normal in no time. That has not been the case, I know it's only been three weeks but my outlook at this point isn't all that good! I've been worrying so much about him I don't know what day it is. On top of that trying to keep up with everything he has always done has been quite a task. I really hope that he will make a full recovery cause he is the most awesome guy in the world. He taught me everything thing I know about anything he could. I've taken a couple days off work this week to go hunting, I'm hoping that will help clear my head. I guess I'm just not ready to have my dad not be around the way he always has been and reality is setting in. I hope that everyone has a good season and be safe out there!
Brad

View attachment image.jpg

Brad,
Hang tough. You still have your Dad and that is what is important. Enjoy your time together, and make the best of it.
Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Sonny

Brad~

I am guessing your Dad will come back full bore - but it may take awhile. One of my gunning partners had a stroke (actually a series of them) at age 50. It was more than a year or so before he was his full self - but he has not missed any gunning and remains a great friend and companion. And - as I am sure you will - I welcomed the opportunity to provide some help when he needed it.

All the best,

SJS

Back